Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Let it Snow!

This morning I opened my eyes and looked out the window to see a beautiful new coat of snow.  That's awesome because of the new (to me) ski equipment Dave and I bought at the ski swap a couple of weeks ago :) Yay!  But... This is our second snow... And it's only November 12th.  We may be in for a long winter!  I guess it's time to get out my snow UGGs and big purple ski suit.


Not quite light out.  The morning procession of turkeys stamping patterns in the snow.

So what to do, what to do.  I suppose I could do this all day...























I call this pic... fat cat on fat Kat.  Yes... this is my life
now.  Tough isnt it?  This is CaliCat.  Our adopted
not by choice kitty that Amberlyn brought to live with
us for six months... a year ago.  I sent Amberlyn this
pic showing her how rough this cat has it... but letting
her know she's really not this fat... she's just not sucking
it in.  Sounds like someone else I know :)  Anyway... we
are practicing for winter.


Recently Dave has taken an interest in my Weight Watchers cook books.  We thought it would be fun to do some cooking together.  Unfortunately today we (he) decided we should cook this... 
                                                         Multigrain Blueberry Squares.
This was supposed to be scones but I decided to make
them squares.  I thought it would be easier to cut them
into smaller portions.  Just to make it fair we cut the
pan down the center.  I then cut Dave's half into four
pieces and then I cut my half into 8 pieces.  One small
piece has a WW Points Plus value of 3.  I had one piece,
Dave ate his entire half of the pan.  Boar Hog!!!

I individually wrapped my squares and put them in the freezer.  I think I'm going to have to share with Dave though because even though they are in the freezer... I know they are there... and they don't take long to thaw!  Even with lighter Weight Watcher recipes... moderation must be practiced.  And that's my weakness!

Today I go for my weekly weigh in.  I had hoped to reach my (initial) goal wight this week.  Early in the week I was doing great and then... well we watched a movie three... no... four nights this week and somehow the air popper spit out enormous quantities of popcorn and since children are starving in Africa or China or where ever my mother used to tell me it was... I had to eat it all!  Arrrrrggghhhh!  Every day is a new challenge!

Well... I really want to share some of my pics from my fall road trip, and I will, but if I don't get off the couch I might as well just call it a day and go back to bed so... next time.

Ciao!

1 comment: