Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sick and Fat - A Pitiful Combination!

One totally irritating thing about Dave (and when I say irritating I really mean admirable) is that when he sets a goal he always meets it.  In this particular case he has already lost his extra 6 pounds of "cruise weight".  I on the other hand am fatter.  :(  158.3 glucose 121.  Of course there are a number of reasons.  The number one reason is making roca for Valentines Day.  I have got to quit making that stuff.  The second is that I came home from the cruise to a house well stocked with snacks.  Having just been on a feeding frenzy I'm finding it hard to break the habit.  So... I decided that all the snacks had to go!  Chips, popcorn, candy, everything!  So I ate them all.  :)  That's sad and pathetic and delicious!  That's the fat part.  The sick part is... blechk!  We must have picked up a bug on the plane.  Dave is really sick and I'm about three days behind him and eating all kinds of little oranges in an effort to not be as bad as he is.  We have 1 week to become nontoxic because we are going to visit KT Bug, Ish and Baby Charlotte next week.  Yay!  Anyway... I'm supposed to be driving over to spend some time in Woodinville this week but instead I'm slumped in my desk chair in my furry PJs.  I feel a bit like poo - still I am hopeful.  This morning I soaked in the tub to warm up and watched the sky become light.  The light came sooner today.  Noticeably sooner!  What a happy thing!  Just as I was celebrating spring I noticed three snow flakes drifting by.  What?  Noooo!  They began falling faster and harder and became a certified snow shower, covering the ground.  But the temperature is warming up now.   The flakes are once again floating gently down as if to say, "wrap your throat, put on some cozy sweats and curl up with a cup of hot herbal tea.  You're going to be ok... and spring is coming soon."

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment