Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Seriously Rainy Day - Perfect for Making Bread

Just what I need right?  :)  Bread!  The thing is... I'm leaving early in the morning to go to Woodinville for the week so I thought I would bake some bread and leave Dave to eat it all up.  That ought to work out just right!  Today's stats, just to get it out of the way:  fatometer 157.3 and glucose 91.  Ok, back to the rain.  Sort of.  About noon today I walked out of church and did a little dance of joy as the sun was out and shining.  I had all kinds of plans for the day.  Making bread was actually on my to do list but I decided against it since there were green house shelves to paint and seedlings to re-pot, packing for my trip, bills to pay, weeding around the base of the fruit trees.  The list goes on and on.  I quickly changed into my shorts and a tank top and ran out to the green house.  I did get my shelves painted and they are drying.  Dave just finished putting them up yesterday.  I had planned on doing the re-potting out in the garden.  There is no room to work in the garden shed yet since it does not have it's counter and Dave's tools and saw horses are still inside.  The shed is not complete yet but it's sure coming along.  Dave get's so irritated at me because I keep taking pictures of it and he keeps telling me to stop because it's not done yet.  Here are a couple from a few days ago.

















Very nice garbage can on the porch huh?


Lucy is like me... she's imagining what it will be like to 
sit on the porch when it's all done



.



Here we have the beginning of shelves.  Now there are layers of shelves on all three sides.  Dave's getting pretty frustrated with me.  I keep moving
plants in and he keeps having to move them out so he can work :)   See where the board sits cross ways?  That will be a sliding glass door that will separate the green house from the shed part.


Let's see... other news...   Dave has now installed all his cattle guards and has most of the new fence posts in for the new pasture.  Here he is on his little tractor placing the last cattle guard.




Such a busy little worker bee!  His reward after a long hard days work is to sit on the front porch and gaze out over the field where his oats are just coming up and drink in the beauty of the rock painted golden red by the setting sun.  


And perhaps have a nice piece of strawberry-rhubarb cobbler :)

















Today there was no such treat.  The sky turned from beautiful blue to a dark, dreary gray and the rain poured down.  The mist covered the red rocks and the mountains were nowhere to be seen.  I had to change out of my shorts and put on a coat.  Such a cruel trick!   :(  What a drippy, messy, rainy, gross day it turned into!  Yuk!  Of course that put an end to most of my plans for the day.  So... there was bread.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment