Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One More Week and I Would Have Had to Start From Scratch!

This will give you some idea of what happened last week... fatometer reads 152.1 and glucose 135.  And I'm thankful it's that good!  I have to say... during the stretch when I was doing so well I began to wonder if I really didn't have diabetic issues.  I can quit wondering.  The answer is most decidedly yes.  Yes Kathy, buying a large bag of peanut M&M's is really a stupid move.  Ok... I spent most of last week in Woodinville.  Just to be absolutely clear... any poor dietary choices on my part are not Andrea's fault!  She is always cooking yummy stuff that will be good for me.  It is my own fault if I sneak out into the kitchen and snitch a cookie - or three.  What I really need to avoid is that glass of wine!  If I have that I might as well just insert the end of a hose from a pump truck filled with any food into my mouth and turn it on full blast.  I know that!  And I did it anyway.  What a dork!  So... can anyone guess which behaviors I need to modify?  There were some real highlights though.  Everything at Jeff & Andrea's was awesome!  Always is.  Tacos at Dee's.  At least I got some exercise playing with Cyara.  We made alphabet letters with our bodies :)  Dinner at the Wild Vine was very good too.  I got a salad of some kind... forgot what though but I do remember Bobby's salmon being very tasty.  Oh... and the dessert I split with Amberlyn.  :(  We went there to watch my brother Jeff play guitar with Brad (his guitar teacher)  Twas fun!
Jeff is the one in black.  They did a great job!

On Friday I went to spend the weekend with my Aunt Jane and Uncle Jay in Paradise, CA.  I accompanied my Aunts Joyce and Marge.  We had a great time visiting.  Unc picked us up from the airport in Sacramento and I enjoyed driving past all the orchards.  Paradise is located pretty high up and the view is beautiful.  We were on our way to Chico to meet my cousin Robin, Maggie and baby Martha at the Farmers Market in Chico (which is open all year!!) and we stopped to take in the view.  Beautiful view.  Hard to tell from my phone pics but...  first pic me and Aunt Marge, second pic is Aunt Jane and third is just the view from the overlook























My Uncle Jay is a mighty fine cook.  He made us this delightful breakfast Sunday morning


And here he is enjoying it.  And Aunt Joyce

I realize now that I didn't get a picture of Robin and his family :(  but I did get one of little Martha.  :)  This was at the Japanese restaurant in Chico.  So tasty.  One of my not so great choices.  I had seafood udon.  Noodle soup.  Right.... noodles.  But it was SO good!  Anyway... little Martha ate and ate and ate...
oh yeah...  I'm sure she's going to love this pic when she grows up.  She was adorable though.  I'm still amazed at everything she ate!

Well anyway... I'm home again now so I can flog myself and then get back on track :)  I came home to a bunch of tomatoes that had ripened on the table while I was gone so today they are in the big ole pot becoming more marinara sauce.  I think I have one more batch after this one.  Last batch will be salsa though... if only Dee will give me her salsa recipe!  Yes... I think you already did... but I lost it.  I promise... I won't lose it again!

and here are a couple of pics that just make me glad to be home again...




And now it's off to work I go.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment