Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Enough Is Enough!

Really this time!  :)  I have to admit... I've had a fat winter season!  I'm up about 10 pounds from my summer low.  This morning the fatometer groaned and begged for me to get off.  It read 159.5.  Glucose was 122.  Too high!  Ive been really thinking about about my winter hibernation fat and what I'm going to do about it.  So I did what every woman does.... I went out and bought a bunch of clothes that are ever so slightly too small.  :)  I know!  And this morning I actually logged into my FatSecret web site determined to track everything I eat and watch my calories.

Since Dave had been home he's been helping with some of the cooking.  It's a little hard for me to let go and not butt in because I like to cook.  It's also very nice to be called down from my office to a scrumptious smelling breakfast.  Dave knows I need re-lose some pounds so he tried very hard to keep it lean.  He made a tasty scramble this morning with the three eggs the chickens laid for us yesterday.  He used up the left over pork tenderloin, some diced cauliflower and spinach and topped it with fresh tomatoes and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt.    Dave also has a little extra winter padding.  He's also up about 10 pounds.  I think most of his is lack of moving due to the foot surgery.    :)  I saw him sneaking down the stairs with a great big bowl of rocky road ice cream this afternoon.  I almost tackled him for it.  :)  But... I'll let him enjoy it.  Maybe he'll go to bed earlier than me and... NO!  Stop right there!   That's exactly the kind of thinking that made me so plumptious!

I'm up to 859 calories and still have dinner to go. I'm actually looking forward to dinner.  I'm making soup out of some ground clams I had in the freezer from fall.  I added a bunch of cauliflower, some onion, some minced up carrots, a little bottom of the barrel wild rice blend and some dried shitake mushrooms a few spices like cumin and cayanne and of course a few shakes of the Tabasco bottle.  It's cold today so that will be very tasty and fairly easy on the calories.  Here's what it looked like going into the pot...  not cooked or even stirred up.  That just a bunch of ideas tumbling around.  I think I'll call it... Cupboard Clam Chowder.  What ever's in the fridge/freezer/cupboard is fair game.  Sounds like something my dad might make.  :)

And perfect for a cold day like this...



Ok.  Everyone think warm thoughts!  It's almost my birthday.  When I was a young girl growing up in Alabama, my birthday always fell very close to spring break.  I remember being able to lay out in the sun and work on my sun tan.  There's no way I'm going to lay out in that crud!  My cousin Robin told me to put on flip flops and spring would come.  Hmmm...  I thinks she's yanking my chain!  :)

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment