Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Signs of Spring

Yesterday I was crying about the lack of evidence of spring here in the inland Northwest.  Last week when I was in Woodinville I saw the shoots of all the spring flowers pushing up through the dirt.  When I got back home - nothin!  But this morning as I stared out window from my tub it occurred to me that spring was on the way.  The signs are just different here.   When I woke up and slipped into my good morning bath the first light of day was already chasing away the darkness.  I almost got depressed as the snow began to fall, first slowly, then furiously.  The ground and the rooftops are covered once again but by afternoon it will all have melted away.  Check this out...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHwtS7704G8

And I have seen the road restriction signs on all the back roads warning the big trucks to stay off due to the ground becoming soft.  And our driveway is truly a muddy mess.  In the yard the snow has melted now so that we can more clearly see  how many dead things Tank brought home this winter.  So yes!  Spring is coming.  It just looks different here.  Still... I'm going to keep my eye out for the first green sign of spring when I walk down to the mailbox today.  In fact I am so excited about spring that I took Robin's advice and actually pulled out my new spring flip flops!


Well now I need a pedicure and my feet are freezing!  But they will warm up by May perhaps.  :)  If not I can always just bring these with me when I go home to Tennessee over Memorial Day for "Pig 2011".  I'll work really hard on losing the winter fat... so I can gain it all back during the short time I'll be there!  I will arrive at the Nashville airport a couple of hours ahead of Jeff and Andrea.  Robin has promised to come keep me entertained while I wait for them so we can drive out to Dover togeather.  I bet she'll make me go eat some fried chicken.  :)  Yay!  I'm so excited.  This morning the fatometer read 158.0.  It still groaned but at least it didn't cuss at me today.  Glucose was 96 so that's a start!  

Ok, so there's a blizzard going on outside.  It's still spring!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment