Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clearly Vacation Should Not Be A Part Of My Diet Because...

I'm fat!  158.2 and 107.  :(  And that's a week after getting home from California.  I think a big part of the fatness is road trip pit stops.  Yes, I could have ordered a salad at Burger King and Jack in the Box.  Then there was our little field trip into Los Angeles where we went to the Medieval Times dinner show.  That was fun.  Lots of horses and jousting and for dinner we had a quarter of a chicken, pork ribs and potatoes that we got to eat with our bare hands.  :)  Yummy and messy not to mention fat, fat, fat!

Here is the property.  Yep pretty desolate!
On the way down to California we stopped by Grand Canyon West.  We have a little piece of land nearby at Lake Mead.  We thought since we were headed in that general direction we would stop in and see if the Joshua trees and cactus were still there.  They were.  No change.

This is Lake Mead
Our property looks toward the mountains that make up the outside wall of the canyon.  Last time we were there plans were had been drawn up for the new Skywalk but construction had not begun.  Now it's complete and I wanted to see it.  The traffic at this entrance to the canyon is still very light.  More now with the skywalk open. Still, you don't have to share the views with 10000 other travelers like at the main park.  Here are a few pics that were taken there.
This is me looking into the canyon with the river in the background


Michele sitting at the edge making me nerrrrvous!
Michele and me
Scardy Cat... crawling to the edge

Dave trying to fly with his crutches

The Grand Canyon was a lot of fun but mostly we went to visit little Charlotte who lives with Mommy and Daddy at Edwards Air Force base.  She's growing up in a big hurry because in July she gets to be a big sister!  And here she is!


What a beautiful baby :)

Now that I'm back home... well... actually I'm in Woodinville now.  But when I get back home I need to really focus on eating properly.  I've gotten off track big time.  I don't know if it's all the traveling or being less active because it's winter or a combination of both.  Probably the combo.   It's the TV!  Too much TV time.  I think I'll cancel my Direct TV!  What ever the reason I'm looking forward to spring.  New beginnings!  Fresh veggies from the garden!  And... Dave promised to build me a green house and garden shed this year so I'm all kinds of excited about that.  

Well... I can barely keep my eyes open so... ciao!  I'm out!



No comments:

Post a Comment