Thursday, April 28, 2011

Three Aunts, Two Cousins and a Daughter

And Dave!  Can't forget Dave for sure!  He's not so nimble today.  He pounded nails all day yesterday until it rained as darkness began to fall.  Today he is feeling quite sore.  Today he thinks he'll relax and hang with the girls.  We'll see how that goes :)

Well... I forgot to report my stats yesterday so I better not forget today.  Glucose was 78 which is low/fine but the fatometer actually said to me this morning when I stepped on, "Suuuuuuiieeee, oink, snort, you big fat pig!"  What abuse!  I'm about to get rid of that thing!  Hhmfff!  157.8.  I was supposed to be losing a bunch of weight. Apparently I lost my focus.  It will be me stretched out on the spit over Memorial Day at this rate.  To quote a favorite phrase of my daughter KTBug the birthday girl who turned 22 today (April 15th), "I suck at life!"  :)  Oh well!  There's always tomorrow... until there isn't.  So I'll either have the opportunity to do better tomorrow, or they won't be saying as they stare at me in the box, "she looks good doesn't she?"  At least I know my hair will look great, my bff Brenda promised to make sure of that.  I don't know if I should trust her though... she may just take the opportunity to pay me back for all the times I experimented on her in our early days of being hair dressers.  Like one Halloween...  Oh man, how does this happen?  Someone throw me a line before I drift off into oblivion!

Too late!  I was gone.  And that was as far as I got that day.  Here we are... May 28th.  Fat still!  156.6 glucose 99.  Some time ago my dad told me I should rename my blog "The Unsuccessful Dieter".  He was right.  :) Major fail!  But... there's always tomorrow... until there isn't.  Oh yeah!  I already said that.  Well... back to the title of the post...my Aunts who are my dad's sisters, my cousins, Aunt Joyce's daughters came to visit me... last weekend.  I thoroughly enjoyed having them.  What a treat!  Aunt Joyce and my cousin Karen traveled all the way from Tacoma and brought with them my other aunts, Marge who traveled all the way from TN and Anetta who traveled all the way from Germany!  Cousin Cheryl lives in the Tri Cities area and we were very fortunate to be able to steal her away for the night.  We ate (naturally) played games, went on walks, played games, drank cousin Karen's home made Green Tomato Wine, played games and admired Daffy.  Here are a few of the pics from their visit...
This is Aunt Joyce on the left, Aunty M, Aunt Netta and me getting ready to go out and feed little Daffy.

Aunt Joyce and Aunt Netta playing Mexican Train

Aunty M and Cuz Karen, more Mexican Train


Here we are clustered around the counter eating... oh... I think that was salmon topped with citrus spinach and veggie quinoa.  Looks like some green tomato wine going on too.

Again, clustered around the kitchen counter at breakfast time, coffee cups in hand.  Check out Aunty M's stylin jammies :)  This is me, auntys and cousin Cheryl.  Too bad you can't make out the beautiful colors on the baby blanket Aunty M made to send to my new little granddaughter who is due in July.  I would tell you her name if only her parents would decide what it's going to be.  Here's a suggestion... Mary Camille Muhammad.  She would be named after her favorite people in the whole world, her Mommy, Her Mumsey and of course her Daddy.  Works for me!  :)  It's not that hard!

This is me, cuz Karen and aunts standing on what will be the front porch of my garden shed that my awesome husband is building while he is recovering from his surgery.  Which reminds me.  Today we are rejoicing because he is getting his cast off.  Typically I go shopping while he has his check ups but today I'm going in with him because I just have to see the look on their faces when they see the crumbling cast they will be removing.  I doubt whether any other cast has seen this much mileage.  :)
In this pic it's a long way from finished... but tell me.  Who else has a front porch on their garden shed?  Hmm?  I love my husband!  :)

Amberlyn also came over and spent the weekend.  She slept a lot and did homework a lot so we didn't really see that much of her.  She stayed most of the day on Sunday though so we got to visit with her then.  Here she is feeding the adorable Daffy

















Well... I better just let this be the end of this post because I also have to write one where I show Aubrey hunting Easter eggs :)  But not today.  I best get to work :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment