Friday, April 1, 2011

Turkey Day!

Apparently Dave was very inspired by watching the toms out in our pasture puff themselves all up and strut around like they've been doing all week.  What did he do?  He excavated the frozen turkey from the freezer.  We bought an extra last Thanksgiving and he decided that now is the time.  Man!  We are ON A DIET!  This week he brought in from the freezer ground beef, sirloin steak, a chuck roast AND A TURKEY for me to cook.  Give me a break dude!  :)  Well... the ground beef still waits.  The sirloin was very tasty on Tuesday night.  I only ate part of my steak so the rest of it was sliced really thin and became a big veggie stir fry.  No rice!  That in turn became mini frittatas every morning including today.  The roast was very yummy.  Dave tanked up on it.  I had a little and the rest will become... I don't know yet!  And then there's the turkey!  We will certainly enjoy it tonight.  But what to do with the remnants of a 20 pound turkey when there are only two people... and one of them is restricting all starches for a while because she can't fit into her pants?  Turkey sandwiches?  No.  Turkey and rice soup?  No.  Turkey tetrazzini?  NO NO NO!  See what I mean?  Turkey, with mashed potatoes and gravy?  Now I just feel like killing someone (named Dave)!  :)  Ok... I'll figure it out.  But... what a bird!  Just looky!


I long to rip into that crunchy turkey skin!  :(  Well, minus the skin it is a nice lean source of tasty protein.  Think I'll go have a slice.  I can at least get a tryptophan rush and have a nice nap!  :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment