Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feeling Better - still stupid! :)

Fatometer 154.8 Glucose 120 (Yikes!)  DWL:  5 (yay!).  It occurred to me that once I get beyond January I'm going to lose count of how many days wineless... if only all the months had 30 days.  Oh well.  I'll just have to estimate :)  I was on a good food roll yesterday and could tell that my face was thinning out a little as the bloat began to recede :)  Unfortunately - and this is where the STUPID comes in... I had a small bowl of peanuts in the shell as I sat watching the news... not so bad.  Then I had a small bowl of pistachios.  Hmm... Then Dave went to bed.  THEN I popped a bag of microwave pop corn!  THEN!!!!  I found the chocolate chips in the cupboard and ate maybe a 1/4 of the bag.  Geeze!  I hate myself!  


So...  I decided I better get back on the salad plan.  I've been balking at salads this winter because they are just so cold!  It's 20 degrees out.  The whole world is white - well... all of my world anyway and the counter tops feel like sheets of ice.   I was determined to have the quartz counter tops when we built the house and Dave warned me.  So now guess what?  As recently as today I got another great big I told you so from  Dave.  Fine!  He's right!  I really don't like super cold food.  Today I took my lettuce and veggies out of the fridge and let them warm up a little on the cutting board.  It was enough to make the salad so much more pleasurable to eat.  On this one I got about half way through and realized I forgot the bacon bits I had been saving for the top.  That added so much more flavor!  :)  Ummmm... bacon!  but just a few crumbles.  I also had a mug of nice warm turkey lentil soup.  It's been warming me up for two days now.  I really don't want to see it again.  I'll let Dave snack on it.
Clearly the fork is on the wrong side of the plate.  :)  I was just trying to get the soup mug in!


Well... It's snowing again and we've just come home from Colville where I took Dave to have his right foot put in a cast.  He has plantar fasciitis and will have one foot after the other cast until sometime in March.  Now before you go feeling too sorry for him you should know that they are letting him out of the cast and into a boot for the Caribean cruise in two weeks.  There is no way to keep him out of the water so...  He'll have to have it back on when we get home.   He's just not that sad to be out of work for the winter.  I can't imagine why!  I am happy to report though that I found an overshoe that will fit over his cast so that he can go out in the weather and feed the cows.  Hmm... maybe I'm not so stupid after all... :)  Yes... I really am.  While we were in Colville I ran by the grocery store and picked up some more "green" food.  Also got some eggs and thought it would be so tasty to have some tuna salad with hard boiled eggs in it.  I put some eggs on to simmer and then went up to my office.  About an hour later I realized that something smelled like it was burning... I ran all the way down into the basement where I found Dave and demanded to know what he was burning.  He said he thought I was burning something.  I informed him that I was working not cooking and stomped off.  :)  THEN I remembered!  I immediately began thinking about how I was going to get out of admitting...  nope.  No way out!  (Insert big sigh here!)  At least I have a winter maid to clean up the mess :)


Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Good job Kathy! Burn the whole house down, that'll warm you up!
    ~Amberlyn

    ReplyDelete