Monday, January 3, 2011

New Beginnings - Again!

The thing I love about New Years more than anything is the opportunity to start all over again.  Of course we also get that opportunity each morning if we happen to wake up but since well... let's put it this way.  I read a little story on facebook this morning about a woman who drank too much wine on New Years Eve and fell down the stairs.  How embarrassing for that poor unfortunate woman!  How much more embarrassing to find out that the poor unfortunate woman is ME!  Most of you know how much I like my little glasses of wine.  I even had delusions at one time of becoming a very small time wine maker.  I've decided that is just a bad idea!  I better stick to just grapes for eating.  It may seem like I am just flippantly (I don't really think that's a word) throwing this out there but I've actually thought about it for the last two days A LOT... and before!  I've had long periods of being wineless and then decided that one glass would be ok.  Usually it is.  When one turns into three though it's time to start asking myself some serious questions.  While I don't necessarily think drinking wine is a "sin"... drinking enough to fall down the stairs and not even remember it is just plain stupid.  And what a horrible example I set for my daughter!  That's what is more painful than the bruise I have on my rear end.  Another major factor is that alcohol is a food trigger for me.  Either issue is serious on it's own but the combination seems pretty lethal - eventually anyway.  I'm sure the wine has been somewhat of a factor in my holiday weight gain.  I'm going to add one more set of numbers to my stats.  It will be the number of days I have been wineless.   This morning the fatometer read 156.4 also very embarrassing.  I forgot to take my glucose reading maybe due a depleted number of brain cells but yesterday was 123 :(  and DWL (number of days wineless) 3.  Why am I doing this publicly?  Well... my sins are going to be shouted from the rooftop anyway and I'm more likely at this point to stick to my "resolution" if I have to report on myself to my three blog readers.  

On a more positive note.  Look at this adorable little grand daughter of mine who is experiencing her first snow flakes.  Amazingly her first snow experience came to her in the desert in Edwards California.  


And check out little Aubrey modeling her daddy's t-shirt :)


I really want to be around to watch them grow up!

4 comments:

  1. You are far too mischievous NOT be around to watch your Grandchildren grow up! And according to my calculations you have 13 followers including me!!! So glad I didn't send you a case of wine for New Years!!!! Just kidding :) Good luck on your goals... I know you can do it.....You are a Taylor!
    Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all!!! Tell Dave Hi!!

    ♥Dee♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOps sorry about your fall. Hope you are not too bruised. Once in a while I read your blog so I am #..... I don't know what? Problem with wine, it makes me too sleepy and don't get anything done. I might fall down the stairs after 3 glasses too. God bless you and lets walk sometime. donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was New Years! Don't beat yourself up over it, if it as just....oh say, a Wednesday of no particular value then ok, be ashamed, but New Years? :) Love you!
    ~Amberlyn

    ReplyDelete