Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dangerous Games...

When I was a kid there were toys on the playground that you could seriously hurt yourself on.  Swings so tall that you could launch yourself far enough to break an arm when you hit the ground.  See-saws where the board was so long that when you were up in the air your feet were dangling 4 feet above the ground.  And you could easily fit two or three kids on each side.  Someone always fell off.  Or worse... they rolled off when I was up in the air which made me drop like a rock!  Owww!  Maybe I was just little and everything seemed huge.  Well... I'm riding that see-saw right now and I feel the need to get off.  :)  My friend Dee asked me on facebook a couple of days ago where my blog was.  I told her I was too fat to write a post.  Still true!  But oh well.  January is right around the corner and with it the promise of better dietary behavior.  (insert big sigh here)  This morning the fatometer read 154.5 and glucose 113.  It's time for another visit to the doc for blood tests.  I've been stalling because I'm sure the results won't be quite as positive as the last round.  They won't be horrible but - meh!

I have made and consumed a few tasty salads lately.  That's a good start.  It's not as easy to eat fresh healthy veg and salads when you can't just go out to the garden and pick them.  Takes more planning.  The ideas are not coming to me as readily.  I'm more inclined to think about almond roca and cookies this time of year.  And pot roasts and potatoes.  I did have a tasty salad for lunch yesterday though...


This was an old stand by from summer... cukes, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil but winterized with a sprinkling of left over wild rice and red wheat berries.  With just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Very tasty.  I should go back through some of my old pics to remind myself of what I should be eating.  :)

One more exciting piece of news from yesterday... my last Christmas present arrived.  A Boos Block cherry wood cutting board.  Dave is so sweet to get that for me!  I love it!



It may not look that exciting - but it is!  It's big and beautiful!  Dave did not understand why I just had to have one until I told him that all the chefs on the Food Network channel have one :)  Yeah - you guessed it...  enormous eye roll :)
Go check it out on Metro Kitchen:  http://www.metrokitchen.com/product/JB-CHY-R02
One of my new fav websites.  I've enjoyed free shipping all Christmas season.  Which is awesome since my knives were a little heavy and this board was seriously heavy!  It's actually darker than it appears in the pic.  And it will get darker over time.  I need to go get some mineral oil to treat/seal it.  Now you just watch.  You will now notice a Boos cutting board all the time when you watch your favorite cooking shows.  :)  And you'll remember you saw it here first.  You'll also remember that a cutting board does not make a chef... unfortunately.  If it did I would be awesome!  :)

Well gotta roll.  Gotta get to work.  It's snowing and blowing so hard it feels like a power outage kind of day.  At the very least it will be a snow shoe walk to the mailbox kind of day.  Umm... if I don't see you again before... HAPPY NEW YEAR!  :)  Since there will be New Year feasting I will write my next post when I am BACK DOWN to 154.5 :)  I'm horrible!  I promise to redeem myself next year!  Here's to a healthier 2011.  Hey, I'm still way better than spring 2010!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment