Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh The Brutality!

It is SO much easier (and more pleasurable) to put the pounds on than take them off!  Hmm... same with getting pregnant :)  Both of those processes end with screaming and wanting to kill people.  I have small progress to report.  Glucose 101 and fatometer 153.2.  Pretty lame.  I was down to 148!  And I still have Christmas to go through before my cruise in January.  Last Friday evening we had friends over and I decided to make some cookies.  I have not made cookies in - I don't even remember!  Back in the day when I made them for the kids I used to make ginormous cookies.  Probably as big as the kids faces!  And I used to eat them straight out of the oven.  That was when I weighed oh maybe 130.  It would be one cookie for me and one cookie for the plate.  Remembering that behavior I made them really small since I knew I would probably eat a few.  I might as well have made them the size of children's faces.  The result was the same!  I'm sure I looked like a lazy cat sprawled out on the couch with a sleepy smile on my face.  Actually I was relatively good on Friday night.  Most of them were eaten.  It was Sunday evening when they called to me from the freezer!  I'm a pathetic loser!  :)  I have not been all bad though.  It's just the occasional stunt like that that is making it pretty slow to get back to my pre Thanksgiving pants.

Winter is definitely harder to lose weight!  Salads are not very appealing right now.  It's so cold outside.  We still have piles and piles of snow.  After I come in from feeding the cows in the afternoon I'm not really in the mood to rush over and pull a bunch of cold veggies out of the fridge and make a salad.  I've been making more cooked veggies.  Broccoli with sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts is very tasty.

I have been getting a bit of exercise though.  Just feeding the animals is much more difficult in the winter.  We have the mamas and calves separated from Red Bull and Ginger.  One group has the creek for water - although the creek has come pretty close to freezing over already this year.  If it does Dave will be down there with an ax :)  But the other group has to have water hauled from the house 6 gallons of water at a time then I have to climb up on the wooden fence and pour it over into their tank.  I have to do that twice a day.  Plus pitching hay over the fence is a bit of work.  Right now we have six cows so that's quite a bit of pitching.  I don't mind though really.  I do like visiting with the cows - and I do like rib steaks :)  There are also fences to check.  Just a couple of weeks ago (before the snow started) I bought some snow shoes.  They make it so much easier to walk the fence lines!   Dave and I do that together.  We enjoy our little walks.  And of course the dogs have to come along.   

Tank can sometimes be a little over excited.  Check out this tiny video...

We now have lots of turkey and deer hanging around eating the hay.  The dogs will chase the deer off if they are outside.  They have been in more than out lately because of Lucy's injury.  I need to let them out right now.  There are two deer eating from the hay bale RIGHT NOW!  They don't chase the turkeys though so I have to do that myself. Turkeys look a little too much like chickens and they know not to chase the chickens! 

Ok well (ha!  Sounds like Aunt Rita)... I better get rolling!  Gotta get out there and feed them animules!

Oh and by the way... I have a new grandchild scheduled to arrive early in July :)  Yay!  That means I need to collect a ruby.  :)

Ciao baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment