Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Costco featuring what appeared to be some very nice pears on a pretty tray.  I thought my mom might like the tray - and the pears, and my dad might like to complain that I got him pears for Christmas :)  so I ordered them and had them shipped to my parents house in Dover, TN.  I just love ordering things online!  I included a little note.  They arrived quickly.  Only problem was that the card was from someone else and made no sense at all.  The only way they knew that were from me was that the packing slip said purchased by Kathy Olsen.  My mom called and I had a good laugh about the note mess up.  I really didn't care as long as the gift arrived.  Several days later a box of truffles - also Harry and David showed up at their house as an appology gift.  I though that was pretty cool!  A two-fer!  That was great!  They can mess up my order anytime!  What my parents don't know is that when I arrived home from Woodinville under my tree was a Harry and David tower of treats.  :) I assume it's my apology gift for screwing up my order.  I didn't find a card yet but there must be one in my pile of confusinon and disorder that typically follows me whereever I go.  :)  It's beautiful!  I've always admired them in catalogs but never had the pleasure of being the recipient.  Of course now that I have declared an end to the holiday binging I will let other people eat the contents but I will enjoy the pretty boxes. 

Here's another really cool present...  Our daughter Amberlyn gave this to everyone in our family last Saturday night at our little family gathering.  I thought it was a wonderful and very thoughtful idea.  She made it.  It's adorable... little jars of hot cocoa mix.  They look so pretty and the card says...

 "The greatest gift is family and knowing that you're there.  We can all be connected by sharing this cup of hot cocoa on Chrismas Day".  Isn't that cool?  Thanks Amberlyn!  What a sweet gift!










I'll end by reporting that one pound slithered away and my glucose level is inching back down.  154.2 and glucose 116.  Wonder how many times I have lost that pound?  :)

Actually I'll end by showing you this not so great photo...  The real thing is oh so much prettier...

as I've been sitting here typing away the sun has been busy rising.  I happened to glance up and see a beautiful pink reflection in the window on the barn and realized that we have a georgous sunrise this morning.  It snowed about three inches yesterday so evertything is fresh and white.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment