Thursday, October 21, 2010

Can You Believe - It's Friday Eve!

Thursday is my third most favorite day of the week because it's almost Friday which is my second most favorite day of the week.  Well actually Friday afternoon is my second most favorite day of the week.  Saturday morning is my FAVORITE day of the week.  I'm very torn about Sunday.  There are a lot of great things about Sunday but one thing that factors heavily toward it being my least favorite day of the week is that it is situated right in front of Monday.  :(  That's a horrible thing to do to a perfectly lovely day!  Ok... that was completely ridiculous!  But so is the fact that you read through that entire brain fart.  :) 

You can tell I really have nothing to say today.  I should just get up and get busy!  We are having new friends over for dinner tonight and although I have mostly set the table and partly prepared dinner I still have lots to do.  I'm making chicken enchiladas.  I hope it turns out ok because I'm pretty much making it up as I go along.  You would think that with access to five billion chicken enchilada recipes I could just pick one!  That would be too easy - and besides, the four billion recipes that I read didn't seem quite like I thought they should.  We'll see.  My daughter Michele should be here tonight and if I mess this us she will be sure to let me know.  She has developed a killer chicken enchilada recipe.  I do mean killer too.  I could gain back all twenty pounds at one sitting.  :)  Pretty darn good stuff though!

Speaking of weight... 148.9 and glucose 106.  I hate having to report anything over 100.  Not that it's all that bad... especially since I am not taking medication to control my blood sugar.  Still... I really thought I could consistently keep it under 100.  I was a little surprised this morning because I couldn't remember eating anything yesterday that would have caused an elevated glucose reading.  As we know my brain is already checked out for the weekend so it took me awhile to remember the brown rice I had for dinner.  I made it ahead since I am planning on having rice and beans to serve with my enchiladas tonight.  I of course had more than the prescribed half a cup.  :)  Tonight I either need to eat a late lunch of steamed veggies and then drink a big glass of Metamucil right before dinner or just give up and pig out on the gooey enchiladas and follow that up by binging on the big bowl of trick or treat candy.  I'll let you know which way it goes.  The trick or treat candy was NOT my idea by the way.  It's this husband who just will not behave in the way I think he should.  Which is maybe why I love him so much.

Oh my!  He just let my stinky dogs in and they are pouncing all over me!  Here... I'll close with some random pics I took over the last couple of days - and they all contain stinky dogs.




This is Lucy on the bridge focused on the ball that she is just sure I'm going to throw for her.  Dave's cornstalks are in the background.  he decorated the bridge.













and this is Tank doing what he does best... nothin!



Oh!  Here are the grapes from my new vines.  Yes... this is the entire harvest :)  And they were so tasty!  Tank thinks so too!  


Can you tell he's as obsessed with food as I am.  When I take the chicken scraps out and throw them in the chicken pen - if I leave the door open he waits until I am around the corner and then goes in, scares off all the chickens and eats the vegetable scraps I threw out for them!  What a strange dog!

And finally Dave posing in front of one of the many cottonwoods that in the fall turn bright gold when the evening sun hits them.


I hope you enjoyed today's blog; as random and unfocused as it and these pictures are :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment