Friday, October 8, 2010

Death By Birthday Cake...

Who knew birthday cake would be on the list of possible causes of death?  How can something sooooo good be sooooo bad for you?  Ok... Me.  Bad for me.  (Insert giant sigh here)  It's possible that I stuck my finger in the left over frosting a few too many times.  My blood glucose level this morning was 136 which is probably the highest spike since I began this adventure in May.  This means I get to have way less fun with food this weekend when ALL my kids and grand babies are home.  Boo hoo!  I can't get away with "nuthin"!  I also did have the tiniest bit of rice with the fabulous Thai shrimp bisque that Andrea made.  So yum!  But since it was just the tiniest amount and typically I can eat small amounts of rice I'd say it was the cake.  Ya think???  That glucose reading was like a slap in the face.  Apparently I enjoy being slapped :) because I bet it's not the last piece of cake I ever eat!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Was it my dad's infamous double chocolate birthday cake with canned peaches? That stuff is dangerous/addicting/todiefor/delicious.

    I'm getting jealous already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was! Celebrating your dad's birthday - a little early since they went to the beach this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete