Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Last Ten Pounds...

Well let's just start off with a great big sigh!  There!  I said it!   Blech!  This is hard!  The good news is that I'm holding steady at 150.5 and glucose 101.  The bad news is that I'm holding steady at 150.5.  :(  My original goal which I thought was attainable is 140.  I still think it's attainable and now I have even more reason to want to reach it... a January Mediterranean cruise.  How awesome is that???  I have the rest of October and all of November and December to drop those 10 pounds.  But here's the deal... I see some major hurdles in the way:  Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Those treasured holidays for me are all about food.   And not the weight loosing kind either.  The other thing I'm finding is that with the colder weather I'm not craving salads.  When it's cold outside I want warm food.  The thought of a nice chilled salad right now just makes me want to shiver.  I'll need to come up with some new strategies for fall and winter.  Once I overcome these fall hurdles and hit that goal weight I'll have to have superhuman will power to not gain it ALL back on the ship.  There are endless opportunities to commit dietary suicide.  I think I'll hang a sign over my bed that says LITTLE FLUFFY PASTRIES ARE GROSS!   I wonder if I could ever believe that?

Well  seems like I haven't posted a food pic in quite a while so here's one.  I was simmering a pot of tomatoes to make more marinara to can and thought it might make a nice base for a quick little fish dish.  This is tomato sauce, tilapia, zucchini and roasted diced poblano peppers topped with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.  It was tasty, light and healthy.  Plus it was a one pan dinner which was great since I already had a kitchen disaster with the new batch of marinara sauce brewing.


Really... it's fish.  Just a little hard to see under the zucchini, breadcrumbs and cheeeeese.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. My first wife is also going on a cruise in January. She goes on the Simple Man Cruise every year. Lots of good old Southern Rock bands on there. Lynard Skynard, 38 Special, and such. She says they are playing all day, everyday. Wish I could go with her, but I have to be in Vegas for a huge gun show. Anyway, she is also gone on a cruise this weekend. leaves out of Miami tomorrow.

    I am also working on my last ten pounds. That is on my left side, then I will start working on the right side.

    Cousin Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a delight to hear from cuz :) By the way... how many wives are you currently married to? As far as I know your current wife and your first wife are one and the same. Although it is right to use that designation for Souetta... she's crazy for not having left you a LONG time ago. But then life would be soooo boring! :) I wish we were going on the simple man cruise. I think ours is the fat man cruise though :)

    Oh... Did you make more Gunblast this year? I have a couple of people who want some. Thought maybe I could talk you out of a couple bottles when I come home in May. :) Maybe you are making it now and that's why Souetta is going on a cruise? Says it makes her nose bleed when you are brewing it :)

    ReplyDelete