Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An Amazing Place to Nose Dive My Diet

Apparently since I don't have my glucose meter I decided eating sensibly was not necessary.  That came in really handy last night when my friend Dee wanted to go check out a new place she heard about called Tandem Wine & Cheese Bar in Bothell, WA.  At first I thought,  wine bar huh?  Meh... why would I want to go there?  Probably not that much there would be on my self imposed "plan".  I'm so glad I went though.  The place is adorable!  It's like a step back in time.  Of course they have plenty of non alcoholic beverages and it's perfectly appropriate to bring children if you like.  We ordered a cheese/meat/fruit platter... which would have been ok except that they brought a fabulous focaccia bread to dip in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  And they kept bringing it... and I kept eating it.  I believe I even swatted at the poor waitress who attempted to take it away.  :)  (Insert big sigh here)  Anyone with just a little self control would be able to enjoy a great meal in one of most charming eateries I've been in for quite some time.  They also have a bed and breakfast suite upstairs that is Lisa's (one of the owners) pride and joy.  She hand picked all the furnishings.  She told us she really put her heart and soul into it.  It shows!  From the looks of the suite she has a beautiful heart and soul :)  I would highly recommend dropping by for a visit.  They are happy to show the Loft (the b&b suite).  It is definitely on my list of for sure places to stay.  The pic to the right shows a small part of the Loft.  Here's the link to their website:  http://tandemwinebar.com/  Go check it out!

Well... I'm so sorry to not be able to report my stats... you know... with the no scale and forgetting my meter at home.  I am eating a very healthy salad right now in order to pay for my sins of last night.  (It was worth it)  :') 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment