Monday, September 27, 2010

The Trouble With Crowing...

Is that it is such an unpalatable meal!  Crow that is.  Yes, I do think I recall actually crowing about breaking the 148 barrier.  Apparently I was a dang pig all weekend!  This morning I weighed in at 151.3 - after doing everything possible to achieve the least possible weight!  Well, everything short of throwing up.  That action is reserved only for extreme illness and then only when there is absolutely no other alternative so that's completely out of the question.  I won't bore you with the details of my weekend of gluttony other than one tiny story and then I'll share my ideas about how to correct my behavior.  It all started Friday evening when we had dinner with some new friends from church.  We had a great time and finding their house was an adventure in itself!  I thought we lived out in the sticks.  In comparison we don't!  My GPS failed again!  Once we found their house we were delighted with their pond and series of waterfalls.  Such a beautiful setting.  And Marian made the most delicious enchilada casserole.  The only way I can describe it is that it just melted in my mouth.  I brought a salad.  It was loaded with goodies such as roasted corn and bacon so not the most figure friendly dish either.  The real problem came though when I was unable to resist the moist, fudgy chocolate cake.  :)  And ice cream.  Even that would not have been the end of the world but we were sent home with a very generous piece for Dave to enjoy later.  Dave did not put it in the food safe where chocolate cake should be kept.  Instead he set it on the counter.  That was mistake number one.  Mistake number two was that he got into it and took a couple of bites then wrapped it back up.  Mistake number three was letting me see him have those bites.  I kept watch on the clock all evening and when Dave finally decided he needed to go to bed...  well, I was only going to have one little bite.  I did have only one little bite.  I repeated the little bite until the entire piece was gone.  In the morning when Dave woke up there was wailing an gnashing of teeth.  :)  I can only be forgiven if I make a loaf of banana bread.  I have not done so yet and so I'm still in the dog house.  Anyway my weekend went from bad to worse.  It was a 48 hour binge.  I am disgusted with myself and unfortunately I enjoyed every minute of it.

Here are my ideas for punishment/healthier behavior:  no staying up past 10pm, no food after 8pm, going to bed when Dave does, no TV for a week (because that's what gets me in trouble - snacking in front of the idiot box), absolutely no after dinner snacking.  Hmm which shall I choose?  I think I'll pick no food after 8pm and be in bed by 10pm and see how that works out.  It could result in dropping those few pounds and being well rested.  What a concept!

The weather this week is supposed to bring some warmer temps.  Possibly up to 80 degrees.  I'm hoping that my tomatoes will go ahead and ripen!  They are ripening a bit at a time.  I did make some very tasty fresh salsa with veggies from my garden.  Only problem is... what to eat it with other than chips???  Ideas anyone?

Ok, gotta get back to work so... Jabba the Hutt signing off - ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about your shape, Cuz. Round is also a shape!

    Cousin Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy....I think you need to go to bed when my dad does! :) Lol! I don't think you can be trusted!!! PLUS!!!!.....CUDDLE TIME!!!!! :D YAY!!! How can you resist cuddle time with my dad?! He's so fluffy!!! Ha ha!!! Like your own personal man-sized teddy bear! He's got the teddy belly to go with it too! :) Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant beat cuddle time :) go to bed by 10, and my sister is right you cant be trusted! :)

    ReplyDelete