Monday, September 20, 2010

The Best Monday Ever!

Well maybe not EVER but my tomatoes are ripening and I'm so happy!  I see tomato basil soup in my immediate future!
Aren't they pretty?  I have lots of large tomatoes too.  I was gone for about a week to Woodinville then a ladies conference in Spokane and I asked Dave to keep an eye out for my tomatoes ripening and he said he would.  He said he didn't see any ripe :)  I assumed he would pick the zucchini too... they just keep coming.  If he didn't see them he just needs an eye exam because there were some were so large that they are useful at this point only as a baseball bat!  Bad pic but you get the idea... they were enormous!

Well... the basket is about 12 inches tall, the whole basket weighed 25 pounds and you can see how big they are compared to the normal size tomatoes :)  I cut one open and the seeds were almost the size of pumpkin seeds.  I saw a recipe on Allrecipes.com for zucchini boats filled with a sort of meatloaf type mixture.  I might make that with one to test it.  I really don't know what else to do with them other than prop them up with the funny shaped pumpkin sitting outside.

 
Anyway... it really feels like fall now.  I hope we have more nice weather but who knows?  I do like fall though.  I roasted some root veggies that were scrumptious Sat eve.  Here's what they looked like on the way into the oven.  Check out the awesome red and white ringed beets.  I got those from Farmers market.  I've missed it two weeks in a row though so I'm looking forward to Friday :)
Almost looks like candy :)

Well... I have lots and lots to do today so I better get on it.  Oh!  I did spend an hour this morning going through and getting rid of lots of clothes.  It was a bit gratifying to dump shorts that were too tight in the spring and are now elephant baggy.  Yay!  I still have more to do.  You know how it feels to have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear?  Now for the stats... fatometer 149.8 (inching back down after my week in Woodinville) and glucose 106 - which is a Red Sea miracle after eating the Zips burger and half a thing of fries yesterday!  :)  No more of that for awhile!  I really want to get it back under 100 which would be the top end of the normal range.

Ok... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment