Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's A New Day! Yay!

Thank God for new days!  Yesterday was horrible!  It didn't start out that way... just got worse as the day went along.  Once work was over I took a little stress walk and then made some tasty soup.  I never could shake the yuks though.  You may have noticed if you read my blog from last night :)  Anyway...the stats... this morning the fatometer read 149.3 and glucose 96.  Heading back in the right direction.  Amazingly I did not stress eat yesterday.  I did have one bite of Daves rocky road ice cream - which was very gracious of him since he is still iritated at me for eathing up all of his chocolate cake last Friday night.  What I didn't mention before though was that on Sunday we had friends over for dinner and Rosie brought a fabulous pear pie.  She made it out of pears from their tree.  It made me all kinds of excited for our trees to grow up and begin bearing fruit.  Made me feel all grandmothery to imagine making apple, cherry, pear and peach pies.  I expect my self dicipline will be well developed by then :)  But I've gotton off track... Rosie's pear pie was scrumptious.  I did have a small piece - very small.  And she did leave a piece for Dave for later - and I did NOT eat it.  Yay!

There's really not much new to report.  I have taken a few random pics over the last week that I'll share with you... whether or not you want to see them :)

Let's see...  I'll start with my turkey noodle soup from yesterday.  It was warm, tasty and soothing to the soul... almost.  :)















and this is a fall feast from a couple of days ago...  yum... corn on the cob from the garden and root veg from the farmers market


I took these random pics a couple of days ago when summer finally returned.  I was so excited!  This pic is late in the day showing what's left in my garden and the glowing cliffs in the background.  I call this the magic hour and always go outside to see the sun shine on the red rocks.  So pretty!





This next picture I call - If Only... for reasons that should be apparant since tomorrow is October


This pic is all about hope and faith... I know these grape vines are weeney now but someday there will be grapes.  Lots of grapes :)




And just look at the blue sky behind Dave's barn...who wouldn't want to live here?  And notice the pathetic weathervane on top of the barn... oh you can't see it?  Exactly!




















When was the last time you spent a few minutes admiring the clouds and picking out funny shapes?  For me about two days... but prior to that... too long!  Check out the cloud bunny...


Do you see it???  :)


Ok well... (reminds me of my Aunt Rita - she used to start almost every sentence with "ok well") this has been fun and rediculous.  A necessary part of each day... in my wacky world anyway.

Now back on my head... time for work :)   Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment