Friday, September 3, 2010

Good News and Bad News...

First the good news... this morning the fatometer read... 149.9!!!!  Ha ha!  I know - lame... under by one ounce.  But like I always say... every ounce counts!  Yay!  Oh... also it's Friday and when is that not good news?  Now the bad news.  (Insert ginormous sigh here)  I saved one fresh peach... I know!  Peaches again!  For a special little dessert for Dave and he decided he wanted it last night.  Grilled peach slices over French vanilla ice cream  drizzled with huckleberry honey and scattered with... you got it... cashews!  Yeah... it's to die for and yeah... I had some too.  I should have taken a pic of that but I didn't think of it because I was in too big a hurry to snarf it down!  So... my glucose reading was 119 this morning.  :(   But!  The fresh peaches are gone... and the cashews are gone!  Time to redeem myself.  Good thing I ate only salads yesterday... other than the peach dessert :)  One of them was awesome.  Gotta show you... actually it looks like every other salad but it was really good... Satusama Bacon Salad:


It was romain lettuce topped with cucumbers and tomatoes (from the garden) and some fresh mozzerella cheese.  Of course there was the bacon - not too much, just enough for a little crunch and flavor - and don't even think about using fake bacon bits!  Let's see... oh yeah the star of the show... those little satsuma oranges and pine nuts topped with basil.  The dressing was just a squeeze of lime with really good balsamic vinegar on top then a drizzle of basic light ranch dressing.  I love to drizzle balsamic vinegar first.  It's low cal and oh so tasty if you use a good one.  After that you don't need much additional dressing if any at all.  I just felt like a little drizzle of ranch would go good.  I was right, it was pretty tasty. 

Well, that's all for today folks, gotta roll.  Have a great weekend.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment