Saturday, September 18, 2010

Assessing the Damage

After pretty much a free for all week in Woodinville I arrived home determined to exercise just a skosh more self control.  I got home around 7pm and had one ear of corn that Dave had pulled out of the garden and then later... popcorn.  Oh brother!  That's was not a great start!  This morning I weighed in at 151.5.  That was actually better than I imagined and glucose level of 110.   I was in such a hurry to get out the door this morning that I didn't take the time to eat breakfast since I was rushing to pick up my friend and drive into Spokane for the Women of Faith conference.  The morning passed quickly and before I knew it lunch time had arrived.  They served a boxed lunch which included a turkey sandwich, Sun Chips, an apple, a soft cookie and a small bottle of water.  I gave my cookie away right away and removed about half of the bread from the sandwich.  I did indulge in the Sun Chips and they were SO good!  I was saved from eating the whole bag though because it began to rain and we decided to head back indoors.  I tossed the rest of the chips.  For dinner we went to a restaurant I love in Spokane... the Red Tomato.  There were four ladies in our group and we paired up and decided to split a meal.  I had their yummy tomato basil soup and half of a great chicken pasta dish.  I did avoid the bread.  Yay me!  The conference lasted until 10pm.  We drove back to the hotel and ended the day with a swim in the pool.  Well, I didn't swim so much as just splash around and then soak in the hot tub for a while.  So... not really a calorie burner for me.  I was also able to pass on the soft warm cookies they had in the lobby as we headed back to the rooms.  So... yes, the pasta was definitely a splurge... on top of a week of splurges and yet I did make some good choices and painful sacrifices :)  I'm a little afraid to whip out that glucose meter in the morning though.  I know I really need to refocus and lay off the popcorn. 

Even with all that while in Woodinville I took the opportunity to go shopping and trade out my jeans that were beginning to get baggy.  I hate baggy!  I was able to fit into a size I never thought I would see again... size 6.  That's right kids!  SIX!  :)  Of course it's entirely possible that it's a "vanity" size 6.  But that's ok... if that's the case I started out with a vanity size 12 so it's still an accomplishment.  I still have roughly 10 pounds to go.  If I continue eating the way I did much of this week I'll have to pack those new size 6 jeans away pretty darn quick.  That would just be too sad!  :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment