Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A New Low - Again :)

Cock a doodle doo!  That's me crowing like a rooster :)  fatometer reading 148.8.  Yeah I know... but every ounce counts!  :)  I just love seeing a new pound on the scales.  At first the pounds went by quickly.  Now... not so much.  And sometimes it goes the other way so I'm pretty happy to see 148 even if it is 148.8.  Glucose reading was 101 so coming back down from the food fest in Woodinville.

Yesterday I did make Tomato Basil soup.  Yum.  I didn't have a recipe, just sort of made it up.  It turned out very tasty.  I thought it needed just a little zip so I added some chipotle Tabasco sauce and that made it just a hair spicy for Dave.  It wasn't hot... just not really like Campbell's.  Oh Bummer!  Did that come across as sarcasm?  Good.  :)  Anyway... to go with it I made a quesadilla with chicken, black beans and cheddar cheese on whole grain tortillas.  They are absolutely not as tasty as regular flour but they are less likely to cause the glucose spike either so it's worth the sacrifice.  It was good with all the yummy stuff inside though.  Here's what it looked like...

I still have lots of tomatoes left and lots more on the vine hopefully ripening today!  Looks like the expected high is going to be 65 and mostly sunny then a low of 39.  Getting a little too cool for my liking - tomato wise.

Well, gotta go...  Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. When are they going to invent a Star Trek thingy that will zap me to and from your house in seconds?! There are 45k+ miles on my just over a year old car!! :( But I miss seeing my parents several times a week!

    ReplyDelete