Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Pretty Sure I Need An Intervention

First off, just to get it out of the way the stats are:  glucose 107 (yes, there's a reason) and fatometer 150.4.  Last nights cardinal sin was... peaches.  Then cashews.  Then peanuts in the shell.  At this rate I will be back to 160 in no time.  Yep, fell asleep on the couch again watching stupid TV.  It was great!  And stupid because my eyeballs are stinging this morning!  :)  I'm such a creature of habit.  I think I need to change my habits!  I really hate to say this but I may and have to ban cashews from my house.  :(  How bout... only in the shell nuts because they take longer to get at?  Back to the peaches... well... actually back to where it all started... I did not have a mid afternoon snack so I was super hungry after I got finished working.  When I canned peaches the other night there was one quart that wouldn't fit into the canner so I left it in the fridge.  You will remember I bought that nifty water carbonator?  Still nifty.  I love it.  Anyway, I've been drinking a lot of beverages I dream up with a little fresh fruit and a dash of sugar free syrup (currently strawberry is my favorite).  Very tasty!  That's what I had in mind for that jar of peaches.  A couple of slices in my big sippy cup in the morning and I can refill it all day.  The fruit adds a nice subtle flavor and it's pretty!  Throw in some crushed ice and a sprig of mint or basil and you have an awesome little drink treat.  But see - Ive gone off on a tangent again.  Back to the peaches.  I thought that I would just have a few slices out of that jar for a snack then go out and mow the lawns since Dave was not going to be home for no telling how long.  (Fire started on the tracks in the rail yard in Spokane and his job was messed up for hours!)  I did have a few slices.  Then I ate the rest of the jar!  A quart jar mind you!  And a couple of handfuls of cashews...  Enough.  This confession is not making me less fat!  Oh... finally Dave came home and we had the most fabulous rib steaks on the planet.  I had a whole steak.  Couldn't resist!  I also made green beans from the garden.  I put in a few crumbles of bacon and a little salt & pepper of course and a dash of curry powder.  Try that if you like curry.  Yum!   All that to say - it's so difficult to be good!  Here's my challenge to myself.  For the next week be in bed by 10pm.  That ought to curb some of the late night snacking.  Weekends are the exception!  If I could I'd be awake all  the weekend hours.

Yesterday for lunch I was very excited about my caprese salad :)  Everything from the garden.  Except for the fresh mozzarella cheese.  And the pine nuts.  Ok... the tomatoes, cukes and basil were from the garden.  Everything else was not.  :)  I also had a bowl of the way too big pot of chili from last weekend.  I stashed a bunch away in the freezer.  It's so easy to pull out for a quick meal.  Again... everything from the garden.  Tomatoes, onions, zucchini (gotta use it up any way I can think of) and beef from the pasture.  It was a very tasty lunch :)

Alright.  Time to have a little breakfast and then get busy working.  Enjoy your Thursday!

Oh hey!  I have a whole seven "followers" on my blog.  Thank you followers.  Having to report to you almost keeps me from eating myself into a big fat ball of diabetes :) I guess I sort of owe you my health.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! You're very welcome! And of course your grandbabies who also inspire good health and longevity! :)

    ReplyDelete