Thursday, May 27, 2010

Going Home Today

Yippy!  Going back home today.  Can't wait.  I'm excited for Memorial Day weekend.  My little granddaughter is coming to visit.  I can't wait to show her the baby cows :)  I don't know what I'm cooking up at my house yet.  I'm sure there will be the traditional bon fire with hot dogs and marshmallows cooked on sticks.  My dogs will be very pleased.  There are usually dropped dogs for them to scavenge and little faces to lick :)  No doubt there will also be lots of salads.  The challenge will be to feed this crew with healthy food and make it so good they won't feel like they are on a diet too.  I need to stop saying diet and start thinking of it as a way of life because I am already aware that once a diet is over... all the weight lost will come back really quickly.  Been there done that!

Last night I met some friends for dinner and they suggested Baja Fresh Mexican Grill.  It was very good.  Very casual.  Inexpensive, and I was able to find something healthy and tasty to eat.  I had a mahi mahi salad with a salsa verde dressing.   They had a great salsa bar too for a little extra spice.  I will keep that in mind.  It's always nice to know of restaurants where you know you can go and have plenty of healthy options.  Go online and check it out to see if there is one near you.

http://www.bajafresh.com/

Well, better get rolling!  Ciao!

Oh!  Almost forgot... glucose level this morning 107.  Not too shabby... still need to reduce a few points but it's so much better than 155!

No comments:

Post a Comment