Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome to the Working Week

When I retire Monday will be my favorite day of the week!  :)

Let's see... 164.8 lbs... every ounce counts!  Glucose 124.  So... apparently it was not a great plan to grab a spoon and shovel down that tasty granola last night :(  It's not meant to be eaten by the cup full.  Still... not a disaster over all.  I think we have established that night time is my biggest danger period of the day.  I will go make some sugar free jello just to have something I can grab when I am jonesing for a treat.

I don't even have a plan for today yet.  I suppose I better do something with the rib steak I did not eat last night.  I'll browse through my new cook book Fresh Food Fast for a few ideas and let them roll around in my brain for a few hours.  I only need to get through today since tomorrow I am heading to Woodinville for a few days.  Dave hates it when I leave a fridge full of leftovers for him to consume while I am away (eating out almost every night)  so the focus on today will be to use up what ever I find in the fridge.  We did pull some ground beef out of the freezer so... if nothing else I'll just brown it up and put it back in the freezer to use later for tacos or something.  I'll think about that later.  I have a few more minutes before I have to rush off to work.  Cookbook time :)

Oh... I got it!  Teriyaki steak fried rice.  Already have the rice (a wild rice mix) and steak cooked (just have to go marinate the steak).  Have plenty of veg to chop up and goodness knows we have the eggs!  Anyone need eggs?  Just need to remember not to make fried rice for a family of six!

For lunch I'll just have a little salad with cukes, tomatoe and fresh mozzarella cheese drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Yum... I want it to be lunch time now!

Ciao!

p.s.  Yes... lunch was tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment