Saturday, May 22, 2010

Plans Change

So much for the rib steaks.  They just didn't thaw quickly enough so new plan!  Instead for dinner I made pesto-pistachio halibut with grilled tomatoes and steamed asparagus.  Turned out really good and I wish I had taken a pic when it first came off the grill pan - this is just left overs but still... you get the idea.

Here's a tip about pesto that I like.  I made my own last year from the basil in my garden but you can get good pesto in the grocery store these days too.  It's great to have around because you can whip up an awesome sauce instantly but it is pretty rich so I don't use much at a time and hate having to throw it out.  I started freezing it in ice cube trays and then popping the frozen cubes into a freezer bag.  It freezes beautifully, retains it's bright green color.  You can pull out only as much as you need.  I just used two "cubes" for my sauce tonight.  A little goes a long way since I am watching my girlish figure :)


Ok, enough food tripping for today!  Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. awesome job seepser! i cant wait to see the new svelt you :)

    ReplyDelete