Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Arrrrggghhhh!

Oh man!  This morning 153.8 and glucose 112.  I really like to keep it under 100.  Yesterday for lunch I went with my folks to town and I split a sandwich and salad with my mom.  It was a grilled chicken salad sandwich.  It was seriously good... grilled in butter with cheese.  Reminded me of the best grilled cheese sandwich :)  So I wonder why my blood sugar was elevated... anyone?  :)

On Sunday after church Dave and I stopped by the little Chinese restaurant in town and split the special of the day.  It was pretty tasty.  When we got home I realized that my parents were on the way back from Bothell and would be stopping at my house for a "rest stop" before continuing home to TN.  I asked if they were going to be hungry and my dad replied in classic Wally fashion... "does a cat have an ass?"  That mean yes.  So I raided my fridge and veg bin and decided to make salmon salad from the left over salmon Dave and I had for dinner the night before and also got out the two avocados I had stashed away and thawed out some shrimp and came up with Salmon Salad with Grilled Avocado and Shrimp.  You've seen this before... but not on the same plate.  It looks like this and it was very good...

The salmon salad had bacon and pistachios on top.  Granny raved, Dave savored each bite and Pa proclaimed it fruffy food and was ready for real dinner in about 2 hours.  Since I was all out of ideas for the day we went into town to Sporty's and had some MAN food!  Dave and I split a burger and fries.  Pa did not think that was very manly of Dave... but he redeemed himself by having a beer.  The burger and fries were great but not the best thing for the blood sugar.  Yesterday after a good ole breakfast of grits, fried eggs, bacon and toast (I had no toast and only a very small serving of grits) we went to the Grubstake and had the lunch I described with the grilled sandwich.  For dinner I made a sirloin tip roast with gravy, brown rice and lots of garden veg.  Steamed peas with diced zucchini, green beans with sun-dried tomatoes and bacon & onions.  I'm sure it would have been grits, eggs, bacon and toast again this morning except that they decided to pull their sneaky trick of departing in the middle of the night.  Grrr... well the upside is that it does avoid a very painful good bye.  The down side is that I didn't get to say good bye.  So here's prayers for a safe journey Pa and Granny.  Now I'm off to Woodinville for the rest of the week and hope that Dave will take care of the garden while I'm gone.  Carol and Donna please come over and pick it for me :)  There will be lots of zucchini and the green beans should be in full swing in a couple of days.  Unfortunately they are bush beans which means they have to be hunted for as they were planted too close together.  Please watch out for my tiny cilantro and fennel plants.  They are smaller than some of the weeds in there :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment