Thursday, August 12, 2010

Those Damn Cookies!

First... no weight since I'm away from home.  Glucose level was still elevated... not quite as much but 112.  Still a little high.  Since I still have another 3 month check up I really want to keep it at 100 or below.  That's just really hard to do with M & M cookies sitting on the counter!  When I'm in Woodinville I stay at my sister in law Lorie's house and she (like me) has quite a sweet tooth.  She pulled out the bag of big M & M cookies and I resisted them all the way up until I was in bed reading and then someone turned on the tractor beam and that was all she wrote!  Dang it dang it!  I need to go home :)

Speaking of home...  I brought a big ole purple cabbage over to give to my friend Dee from my garden.  I had washed it really well and wrapped it in damp paper towels and then inside a plastic bag and stashed it in the cooler in my car for the trip on Tuesday.  Wednesday at lunch time I dropped it off at her house.  When she opened it up there was one tiny baby slug and about 15 tiny baby earth worms crawling on it.  EEWWWWW!  Her daughter Cyara who is 6 was delighted and took all the earthworms out and delivered them to their garden patch.  I was shocked and dismayed!  I had not even seen any slugs in my garden.  I didn't even think we had them over in E WA but apparently we do!  I knew we had awesome earth worms but I had not intended to export them to W WA!  I'll be very happy to keep them in the garden.  I wonder how they reproduce?  Is it a larve thing?  If so there must have been some ready to hatch larve going on there.  Sooo... SORRY!  :)  Reminds me of the song... the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, the worms play pinocle on your snout...
At least Shannons broccoli was worm free :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment