Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Grand Daughter

It's Aubrey's 2nd birthday today.  When I look at my wee little ones I remember why I'm putting in the effort to be healthy.  I'd like to be around and watch them grow up.  I'd prefer to not be watching on the sidelines either so happy birthday Aubrey!  Mumsey will skip out on the cake :) 

This mornign my glucose was 119.  Still high.  Not terrible but not normal.  Better than 130 though.  I ate as healthily as possible yesterday.  The tricky part though was a late dinner... I was famished by the time I got around to meeting my friends at... of all places Famous Dave's!  :)  We sat in the bar (iced tea for me-with Splena) and I explained to the waiter that I was looking really hard for something pretty healthy to eat.  He very good naturedly laughed and said... "You're in the wrong place!"  I did come up with a salad and a cup of chili though.  The salad was awesome.  The dressing was great... honey BBQ.  So yeah... I only drizzled a little bit of it and the chili was probably the best chili I have ever eaten in a reasturant.  I gave my cornbread away immediately!  So... it is possible to have a "reasonable" dinner out.  Of course I wanted to woof down on the rib tips they were eating but I limited myself to one little piece.  Tonight we are having lasagna for Aubrey's birthday party dinner.  The best plan for me is just to grab a salad before I even go.  I love lasagna so much that eating a tiny piece would be way more torture than just not having any at all.  I did have the last of my fabulous farmers market peaches today.  I'll have to take a hit there but oh so worth it!  Since I have been getting no exercise I decided to skip around the whole building and distract everyone and make them think I'm a crazy loon.  They are right, I am and it was fun.  So was having the conversation with one of my delinquent customers that I would consider taking his Harley in trade for the debt owed.  Of course we'd have to sell it to pay off the debt but can you just see a nice shiny Harley sitting in the front of our store with a sign... pay your bill or your bike is next?  Ha ha!  Fun!  Well... it's a crappy job so I have to make it fun somehow.  :) 

I'll let you know if I was able to resist the cake and lasagna...

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment