Saturday, August 14, 2010

Starry Starry Night!

Coming home is so great!  It's always such a treat to descend into our beautiful little valley and to be greeted by our oh so lovable labs.  They always let me know just how much they missed me.  Dave and I both got home later last night.  I arrived about 8pm and started on dinner.  I made some red pepper fettuccine with zucchini ribbons, onions, garlic and goat cheese.  It was quick, light and tasty.  Just as I finished the dishes Dave lead me outside where he had prepared a cushy observation station under the stars.  We spread out a blanket on the dark side of the barn and accompanied by our happy happy dogs we spent about an hour and a half watching shooting stars.  They were amazing!  Ranging from faint and barely visible to stunning streaks across the sky leaving a five second light trail, they dazzled us.  We talked and laughed and had a wonderful time... until the sprinklers came on :)  We may do it again tonight... if so we will shut down the irrigation system until we are done.  Ha ha... amazing how fast two old people can move.

This morning I found that I lost weight while in Woodinville but my blood sugar was still elevated a bit.  I weighed 151.5.  A new low!  :)  Blood glucose was 112.  I ate pretty well yesterday.  No bread, fries.  I did have three Fritos on the way home.  I bought Aubrey some chips and couldn't resist so I had one.  And you know... nobody can eat just one :)  I did have the fettuchine too... and pretty late but it probably only amounted to a quarter of a cup of noodles with all the zucchini in there.  The sweet onions though... or perhaps the lack of exercise over on the west side... or maybe those cinnamon capsules are working?  Well anyway... I'm home for about 10 days so I'm sure I can get it back down and I'll bring cinnamon capsules with me next time.  And hopefully fit some time in to walk with Lorie or something.

Poor ole Dave is very unhappy right now.  He was looking forward to a day of work on his carport and he turned wrong and pulled his back.  Now he can't even pick up his saw.  Bummer!!!  I believe he has now decided to paint instead.  For him doing nothing is not an option.  I should be so driven.  For me today it's picking and processing stuff in the garden.  I think the green beans are calling me.  I need to find a recipe for pickled green beans.  :)  Yummy.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with food or diet but check out the adorable little baby quilt I got from my sister in law Sue.  She made it and was about to sell it in a garage sale!  I had to bring it home with me :)


Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Kathy,
    Since I am now joining the world again in different way, I finally had a chance to start reading your blog. So how much weight have you lost (I am behind obviously)?
    The quick red pepper fettuccine sounded good. Maybe someday I will cook again. Do you find now that you aren't doing a nasty commute everyday you have more time to cook or does being in the country with a garden etc more inspiring or both?

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Darth Cheryl! So far I have lost 18.5 lbs. Yes, I have way more time to focus on a healthier diet with no I-405 commute to worry about. And like you said... being in the country with a garden is a bonus. I get to figure out what's for dinner based on what ever is growing. Today I picked a big grocery bag full of green beans and tomorrow I will can them. Some of them will be pickled green beans. :)

    ReplyDelete