Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hump Day Once Again

It's Wednesday of my week in Woodinville.  I've been working so hard on eating good-mostly.  :)  On Monday morning I was in a rush to get on the road and I forgot to eat breakfast but I packed up as much of my fresh fruit, veggies & cheese as I could bring with me so I munched out on a cheese stick and then had another one later.  I had a few grapes too but gave most of them to little Aubrey who was riding along with me to see Nana and Daddy and Aunty(s).  Tomorrow is her birthday and she will  be two years old.  This is Aubrey with her daddy (Daniel).



Anyway when I arrived at work I had a big lovely bowl of steamed broccoli and some zucchini sticks dipped in a little honey mustard dressing.  After work Daniel and I picked up Aubrey and took her to the park.  I was starving so I stopped by Burger King - I know... my intentions were good though.  I bought a grilled chicken salad and brought it to the park to eat.  I discovered once I was there that they had forgotten to include a fork.  REALLY???  Major fail!  I just ate it with my fingers and decided that salad dressing would be too messy so I saved those calories.  When we took Aubrey back to Nana's house she gave me a lovely peach as she had just come home from Wenatchee.  I was really glad to have that peach when I finally arrived at Lorie's house (my home away from home).  There was an evil peach cobbler on the counter and I resisted temptation by eating my fresh from the orchard Wenatchee peach.  Yum!

Yesterday I attended a work related seminar down at Southcenter.  I knew there would be breakfast but didn't know what they might be serving so I ate a little baby bell cheese wheel on the way.  I was delighted to discover scrambled eggs with ham amidst the big pile to pastrys.  I had just the eggs and ham.  I also had to resist beautiful brownies and cookies at break time so by the time 1 pm rolled around when the seminar ended I was starved and bolted from the room.  I drove immediately to the nearest McDonalds and bought a Southwest grilled chicken salad and WOOFED it down... tiny taco chips and all.  I only used about a third of the dressing though.  After a very frustrating remainder of the day at the office I went to console myself on my friend Dee's deck.  We munched out of tomatoes and sugar peas from her garden and then decided to drift on down to have a little mexican food in Snohomish.  She lives up on the ridge looking at the Snohomish valley and has a beautiful view!  It is the place to be in the summer!   I was so content that I considered not going to mexican but... yeah... twist my arm and twist it hard!  :)  We shared fajitas.  I had two tortillas though and while waiting for the fajitas I had an unknown but guess high number of chips with oh so yummy salsa.  And because we had her small fry Cyara with us we ordered chuuros for dessert.  I only had the smallest piece but apparently all the above tipped the glose monitor and I got a reading of 1 freakin 30 this morning.  That's right... 130!  It hasn't been that high in a long time!  It's a darn good thing I once again resisted the evil peach cobbler still on the counter!  The other factor is that I'm not getting any exercize while I'm here.  I need to change that!

Hoping for a better number tomorrow and have eaten accordingly today. 

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment