Friday, August 13, 2010

There's No Place Like Home!

I'm SO happy to be heading home today.  My garden may or may not have had any attention since I left.  Dave has his own little projects to work on.  He wants to head over to our other little property on the Pend Oreille river but I told him he has to help me process my veggies first :)  I do enjoy coming here though.  Last night I had dinner with my bff Brenda (aka Buzzby) and we split an appetizer called the Prime Rib Boat.  I'm not kidding... we couldn't finish it!  There was more prime rib strips in there than in a whole steak.  Yum!  Had we known it was so large we would not have ordered prawn skuers too :)  But shirmp is not too bad for the ole blood sugar or the waistline... as long as you go easy on the dipping butter.  I did have a tortilla though to wrap the prime rib and onions/peppers in.  My glucose level was 106 this morning.  Still slightly elevated.  And I feel just a hair bloated.  But it was worth it.  I'll have to reign myself in pdq though or I'll be looking like Mrs. Santa very soon :(  I'm a little scared to go home and step on the scales!

Better get crackin!  I'm leaving work early to head east and this is not getting any money collected :)

Ciao!  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment