Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Fabulous Friday!

For starters... I did avoid the lasagna AND the birthday cake at Aubrey's birthday party last night.  I'm pretty proud of myself since I wanted some of both in the worst way!  I did eat a salad before going to the party.  I wasn't hungry - just wanted the goodies.  For my heroic efforts to control my blood sugar yesterday I was rewarded with a small reduction from the day prior.  The number this morning is 114.  Still high.  I'm beginning to suspect that the lack of exercise is a big factor while I'm over here.  Must change that.  On Wednesday I almost went out and bougt a new pair of sneakers so I could go for a walk and then I talked myself out of it based on the fact that I have 4 pairs of sneakers at home and since I spent the evening birthday shopping and Thursday was the party... what would be the chances of actually taking a walk this week here?   ZERO.  So I just need to remember to bring some with me next time... and use them!

I'm having a debate with Lorie over her scale.  I think it's off by about three pounds so we'll see in the morning.  When I get home and weigh in.  I hope it's what I thnk it is.  If I'm right I lost some weight over here.  If I'm wrong... what a big fat drag!

I get to go home today :)  Always a happy thing!  And ... the weatherman is predicting the winds to die down so my little car won't get blown to Kansas.  Yay!  I understand that I may be going home to lots of smoke due to fires very close by.  :( I have a short day at work so gotta roll! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment