Thursday, July 1, 2010

Arrghhhhh! And I did almost everything right!

157.5 :(  glucose 95.  I really though I had it.  I really thought I might scoot under the 157 mark but NOOOOO!  How discouraging.  Well I guess I'm going to have to admit it... I have a substance abuse problem.  It's nuts.  Yep!  That's why!  Yesterday I ate for success.  In the morning I had my little yogurt parfait which was only 180 calories then a salad for lunch.  Well ok... it was pretty deluxe and yummy... but I didn't even eat as much of it as I normally would have.  I shared it with Mags who popped by at lunch time.  I didn't even put avocado on it!  Check it out though... I know... all these salads are starting to look the same but this one was pretty tasty.  It had most of the usual suspects topped with a chicken breast grilled in Chili-Lime rub with fresh mozzarella balls on top and... strawberries.  Hey... don't wrinkle your nose up... try the strawberries!  Yum!  Oh... and toasted pine nuts.  I made a pot of strawberry tea too,  Yesterday about lunch time it was still only about 65 degrees which seemed COLD after a few days of 80 so the thought of a cold lunch was not that appealing.  It paired nicely with the salad.  :)  Listen to me... it paired nicely...  Oh brother!  :)  Gag me!
 Anyway... for dinner I had the other chicken breast and a steamed artichoke.  Rather than the traditional fat fat fat artichoke dip I made one by Ellie Krieger who I typically like but... meh!  Not so great.  Sounded good but sort of blah.  It had saffron, ground almonds, caramelized onion... it still sounds good... but was one time the plain yogurt was not that successful in standing in for sour cream or mayo.  I might try it again some time and use a combination of sour cream and mayo.  I think for me it would be ok.  I really don't use much dip anyway.  After dinner there were plants to water and mail to retrieve which took me right up to 9pm.  I thought I was home free but NOOOOOO!  The bag of roasted, salt and pepper pistachios called to me from the pantry until I finally gave in and had a bowl.  And then another.  :(  I'm pathetic and weak.  (insert self flogging here)  And it's not sunny!  I just want to crawl back in bed - or eat more pistachios.  Instead I'll pop in a new Zumba DVD and see what new torturous moves Beto has for me this morning.

So... (half hearted) ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment