Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm Going to Have Dessert Every Day!

I was shocked to discover (especially after the high blood sugar) that while I was away I actually lost weight. :)  It must have been those gooey chocolate balls and phyllo dough with ice cream at Elliots.  This morning I weighed 154.8.  That's over two pounds lighter than when I left.  Hmm...  I don't get it.  Well... Yay!  My blood sugar is creeping down towards normal too.  It was 115.  I'm not really sure how I lost pounds.  I guess even with a nasty good dessert I still consumed less calories than I would at home munching out on pistachios every day.

This weekend I have my granddaughter Aubrey along with Nicole and Daniel and some of Nicole's family visiting.  Her mom Charleen (Aubrey's other grandmother/Nana), Aunt Tammara and Grandpa Elmer.  Her sister Jessica and cousin Ashley.  Aubrey's little cousin Noah came with them and they are best buddies.  Noah is two.  About 7 or 8 months older than Aubrey.  They are SO cute!  Tomorrow we are going to Silverwood.  Today they all went to the lake and I stayed home to catch up on some stuff.  Everything get's behind while I'm away.  I need to weed the garden but it's getting pretty hot out there now.  I picked some lettuce last night when I got home.  It was growing wild.  Still have more that I can use out there waiting for me!  And my broccoli needed to be harvested.  Some clusters were starting to turn into flowers :(  And the spinach needed harvesting.  Dave's corn garden had grown about a foot!  I love this time of year.  It is a horrible time to be away from home though.  With all that needs to be done, what am I doing sitting here on the computer?  I better roll!  I'll leave you with few more photos of the really lovely produce from the Pike Place Market I went to last Wednesday.  The first photo is ropes of peppers and garlic.  I had to bring one of those home with me.

Have a great weekend!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment