Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Don't You Just Hate It When...

You do something so stupid that you immediately look around for someone to blame because it is inconceivable that you could possibly just have done something so stupid?  But nobody else is home!  Sometimes being thrifty just doesn't pay!  Yesterday I threw some laundry in the washing machine and noticed the detergent bottle was very close to empty so I propped it up on the open new bottle to let the last bit drain in.  I left them sitting on the washing machine for just a minute until I could hang the towels out on the line... and then the phone rang.  Of course I forgot completely and was back in my office upstairs when bang!  I knew exactly what happened!  I ran downstairs to see the both bottles of detergent on the floor.  The vibration from the spin cycle had knocked them off of the washer.  The new bottle was pouring out all over the floor and all I could do was stand there frozen and watch it.  Finally I picked it up and started wiping the flood of liquid detergent off the floor with a kitchen towel and tried only partially successfully to wring the dripping thick detergent back into the almost empty bottle.  It was a little like trying to squeeze toothpaste back into the tube.  My hands have never been and will never again be that clean.  They were so clean they hurt!  I used so many kitchen towels to mop it up that now when ever I need to do a load of laundry I just throw in a kitchen towel and skip the detergent bottle.  LAME!!!

Ok... now that's out of my system so I can report the stats.  A new low again :)  153.7 Yay!  Glucose 97.  I'm scared though that tomorrow well show the trail mix and pistachio binge I went on last night :(  I'm not sure how it even started.  I was getting ready to go mow the big field after work and just grabbed a handful of peanuts, then another.  Then I decided I would have just a little trail mix.  Finally after eating half the bag I was disgusted and left the kitchen.  I hate it when that happens!  I'm surprised my blood sugar isn't higher because of all the dried cranberries.  I was so good all day too.  For lunch I roasted some broccoli and a couple of small tomatoes and then topped it with shredded gruyere cheese and then scattered a few pine nuts.

Was pretty tasty.  The trick to keeping the calorie count down even with cheese is to use a micro planer to grate the cheese.  It comes out really fine and fluffy and you can use much less and still have it look like it's melted all over.   I have to think of more things to do with broccoli right now since there is way more than I can eat waiting for me in the garden.  Anyone have any good broccoli recipes???

Ciao ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment