Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Awesome Long Weekend!

This weekend I enjoyed having my friend James and his nephew Brennan visit.  Brennan spent the weekend doing all the things an imaginative 10 year old boy could do on a farm.  Feeding the animals, throwing the stick for Lucy.  Shooting the BB gun.  Burning up fallen branches, roasting hot dogs and smores, lighting off fireworks to celebrate the 4th of July.  On Saturday we went to the airport to pick up Dave and stopped at Riverfront Park for a few minutes and walked over the Spokane River on the old bridge that is now closed to traffic and used for a pedestrian and bike bridge.  We also had to check out the huge radio flyer wagon.  It was fun to spend some time just playing.


Yesterday was spent getting ready for next weekend.   Dave spent most of the day weed eating.  I mowed.  We had partly sunny weather.  I started out with a tank top so I could get some sun on my pasty white skin but soon realized it was too cold so I went in and got a jacket.  After just a few minutes I had to take that off because the sun came out.  That's the way it went all day!  Hot and cold.  That's how my little diet feels too.  This morning 158.3 :(  but glucose was 91 :)  Yesterday I ate pretty well but over indulged in pistachios.  Repeatedly!  Why?  Why have three bowls of pistachios?  Why not go to bed at a decent hour?  Dork!  Consequently I am tired, slightly swollen and not overly enthused about today.  It is however a new opportunity to make some better choices.  I recall sending my children off to school and telling them with a nice little mommy smile, "make good choices!"  I think I better start following my own advice.  It was a great weekend though!  This coming weekend will be too.  After that I am heading west for a few days.  One afternoon I am going to play hooky go to Pike Place Market with my friend.  :)  I am really looking forward to that!

I think I'll challenge myself to go to bed by 9:30 for the next three nights.  If I do that I will feel more rested and no doubt also reduce my pistachio intake :)  You can see that I switched from cashews to pistachios.  Because I ate all the cashews!

Have a great week!  Make good choices (note to self) and Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment