Friday, July 9, 2010

Here's to a great weekend!

There are not many things in the world that are better than looking out on the early morning with a cup of coffee and anticipating the arrival of friends and family (and seeing your cute little calf grazing on the wrong side of the fence - again!).  Although it's light outside the sun has not quite risen over the mountain directly behind our house.  That's why it's only 53 degrees outside.  The weatherman forecasts 94 today.  You will not hear me complain about the heat.  I may turn on the a/c though :)  Dave has set up party central down by the creek where it's cool and I bet his first task of the day will be to check and see what time the tavern opens so he can go get his keg.  I'm getting ready to make pitchers of iced tea and ice down sodas and water for those of us who will not be dancing around the keg.  Just think of the calories saved :)  I have some last minute mowing to make the grass surrounding Dave's corn garden really pretty.  I really should be cleaning up the house.  But what the heck... it will be trashed about 15 minutes after our guests arrive :)  Well this morning I have cause for celebration :)  156.9 EVERY OUNCE COUNTS!  And glucose 99.  I suspect tomorrow with all the food around I will be sad again but just for today at least 157 is gone.  I'm looking forward to 150 and then 145 and then 140.  And since I am going to Silverwood on Sunday and will be seen in a swim suit I wish 140 was here now.  Well there's always next year.  Perhaps this will be the last year that I will speed down the water slide and hear someone yell out "Shamuuuuu!" as I splash down in the tank at the bottom  :)

Well... the sun is up now and blinding me.  It's my signal to get hopping!  I hope you all have a great weekend... ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment