Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm so glad 157 is gone!

Well it's the start of a new week and now I must renew my determination.  As I said I'm not hovering on 157 any more... this morning when I woke up and stumbled to the scale I had to rub my eyes and look again.  158!  WHAT??? I don't know why that should be surprising though.  After all, over the weekend I did have smores, pasta, cake and ice cream.  What was I thinking???  :)  That's no way to lose weight!  Now that Dave is home he can lose weight with me :)  He's is very thrilled about that let me tell you.  Fortunately my blood glucose level is relatively stable.  Yesterday it was 102 and this morning 103.  That's lower than I expected but I'll take it.  I wonder if those cinnamon capsules someone recommended to me are helping to keep it down.  I can't tell.  I'll just keep taking them... but work really hard on eating healthy things for the rest of the week.  This weekend will once again be a challenge as it is Chataqua weekend and who can resist disgustingly delicious "fair" food?  Not me!  And besides that Dave is bringing home a keg Saturday afternoon and inviting everyone he knows to come help him drink it.  If anyone is in the neighborhood this is your invitation to come on by Saturday afternoon.  I will not be drinking beer but where there's beer there's usually fattening food right?  We will have friends from the "other side" all weekend and I am going to Silverwood on Sunday so I have no idea what all food naughtiness I will indulge in.  Certainly some :)  I feel like if I can't enjoy some of the things I love then life would be BORING!  I little moderation would be great though.  I'll have to learn how to do that.

Gotta go mow again.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment