Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed - Early Morning Omelettes :)

My parents took off at 2 pm Tuesday afternoon from Dover TN and arrived here in Chewelah early this morning.  It was 1 am.  Which would be 3 am their time so that was what... 37 hours.  2100 miles in 37 hours.  Not bad for old people :)  Of course my dad was starving so I made a four egg omelette and he ate 85% of it.  Mom had a little sliver  He said he was looking forward to breakfast :)  We've been letting our chickens out in the morning and then re- locking the chicken yard with mama hen and babies inside so the other hens have resorted to laying their eggs... other places. They made a couple of little nests in the big hay stack.  I hope I can find them because he does eat a bunch of eggs!  I think for dinner I'll grill the last of little T-Bone's t-bones.  :)  Oh... sad!

This morning its cloudy and humid.  Thunder storm weather.  We did not get the storm I though would come last night.  Maybe today.  I think I'll go out and take a walk before I have to make breakfast... again.  :)  It's so nice to have them here.  It's been over a year since I've seen them.  I won't see them again until May when I travel down for the BBQ.

Oh yeah.  The stats:  154.8 and glucose 100.  Almost 15 lbs to go until I hit my goal weight.  :(  Makes me wonder if I'll ever get there.  At least my blood sugar level is now hovering right around normal and that is the real goal.  That will increase the odds of my getting to watch my grand-babies grow up.  Speaking of grand-babies... my parents have not met Aubrey yet.  She is their great granddaughter and will be two next month.  Daniel and Aubrey are coming to visit for the weekend so I'm really excited about that.  I really wish they could meet Charlotte too.  Katie is moving back to the states next week.  Unfortunately the good old USAF did not have the common decency to route her through Sea Tac on her way to California.  Grrrr!  I am very thankful though that she is coming "home".  California is so much closer than England :)  Prayers for safe traveling for her and Charlotte and for an awesome reunion with her husband Ish.  He hasn't seen Katie or Charlotte since she was just a week old.  Now they will be stationed together.  Yay!

Ok... gotta go... ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, in the pic, what is sugar tester on the Rainier Cherries mean ? and boy that is high for local grown crops...no wonder I don't see them here in Tn. Love you all and give ms. Eagle a large hug from me !today is the sixth day for me , no cigs...last night was the worse yet but I overcame the temptation :)

    ReplyDelete