Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Going to Kick Me Some Rooster Tail!

Arrrrggghhh!  Why?  We forgot to shut the chickens in the chicken yard again last night after they hopped into the chicken coup and the dang roosters woke up at 4:15 and crowed right under our bedroom window.  If only I could shoot... we'd be having fried chicken tonight!  I blame Dave.  :)  And!  I walked out into the living room this morning and yay!  Kitty surprises.  :(  Sometimes I hate that cat!  I sucked up the remaining mouse tail with the vacuum cleaner.  Eeek!  I blame Dave.  It's his cat.  I think I'm really just angry because I'm having a FAT day!  This morning the fatometer registered 154.3.  That's going backwards!  Me no like!!!  Once more... I blame Dave... I ate too many peanuts sitting on the couch.  HE sat next to me and ate a root beer float.  No!  TWO rootbeer floats... I had to have something!  No I really don't blame him for any of it.  He always catches the fall out of my wrath though.  Poor guy :)  I really do have a snack problem :(  Ugh!  My glucose reading this morning was 100 which is good but 10 points higher than yesterday.  I hope that was not caused by the sugar peas I munched out on yesterday and cooked for dinner.  Oh!  Speaking of dinner... Dave pointed out that everything we ate for dinner yesterday we grew ourselves :)  We had a tasty (WHAT THE HECK?!?   Here comes the cat with ANOTHER RODENT!!!!  Excuse me while I drop kick the cat!!!  Ok, I'm back.  I would never really drop kick the cat but give me a break!!!  I had to chase him around the living room and out of the house with a broom swatting him and sweeping the rodent along as we went.  NOT COOL!!!)  ribeye steak cooked on the grill along with some grilled broccoli and sugar peas from the garden.  I still have trouble with the petite steaks because they were from my cute petite and adorable T-Bone :(  I suck as a rancher!  :)  I did a much better job with my new grill pan.  I think the key is to just not let the grill temp exceed 500 degrees :)

 It's just never a dull moment around here.  I got up angry at the little animals and Dave got up yelling at the wandering calf.  I'm going to have to get my aggressions out by putting in my Zumba DVD... later...
Aside from all the irritation with the little animals it's going to be a fabulous day!  The sun is up, there is not a cloud in the sky and I get to go to the little farmers market in Chewelah at lunch time today.  Yay!  Oh... and did I mention that its FRIDAY?!!!!  This weekend Amberlyn and Adam are coming over and I guess we are going to go to the river and test out our new kayaks.  That should be fun.  Adam and Amber are our two oldest children.  They are Dave's contribution to the six children we sometimes admit that we have :)  Here's an awesome picture from a couple of weeks ago when they attended an 80's party.  This cracks me up!  I'm sure most of you have seen this on facebook.  It's created quite a stir.  The reason it's so very funny is because when Dave and I were dating he used to wear pretty much identical shorts :)  Although... that was in 1993.  Dave's just a little slow with fashion...and I didn't stop him from wearing them :)  He probably still has them somewhere in the back of his closet.  Maybe I'll go look for them.  :)


Ciao!  Have a great weekend!  Hopefully no more rodents for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment