Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What Doesn't Work!

For starters... 157.3.  I'm hanging out with 157 again.  I think I've had an overly long relationship with 157.  We need to break up!  And glucose 99 which although still within the normal range is a spike from the day before.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the 3/4 cup of penne pasta I had for lunch or the True North pistachio crisps I had before dinner that were too numerous to count?  Big sigh.  So I think lunch was fine... I really ought to be able to eat 3/4 cup of pasta along - with some very yummy chicken.  It was left over from dinner Sunday night that my friend James made.  I think I've hit on a big idea.  Invite people over to visit and make them cook :)  Come to think of it... last time Brenda came over she cooked all weekend!  Of course I was explosively ill :)  Anyway... if I can't have 3/4 cup of pasta... just kill me now!  But after work I decided to do a little mowing.   Dave had called and said he had to work overtime so I thought I would get that done for him.  Well a little mowing turned into two hours and by the time I got in it was 7pm and I was famished.  I decided to get dinner going.  I planned on making a salad and grilled yellow fin tuna with asparagus.  Here's where I took a left turn... I grabbed a handful of raw Spanish peanuts just to quiet the hunger pangs.   Then I grabbed a handful of dry roasted peanuts, then I got out the bag of S & P pistachios, then the bag of pistachio crisps.  By the time I had dinner ready I wasn't even hungry!  I did eat the salad but left all the tuna and asparagus for Dave since he still wasn't home.  Not only did he have to work late and stop by Home Depot to pick up box 1 of 2 of the new patio furniture I bought (some bonehead only brought home one box!)  but he also got stuck in road work traffic and did not get home until 9pm.  Since I had challenged myself to go to bed at 9:30 I brought him his dinner and kissed him goodnight.  The morale of the story is... don't start!  It's like the first crack in the ice on a thawing river!  So... tonight I will drink an 8 oz glass of water then a small glass of orange flavored Metamucil before starting dinner.  And could the people in charge of grocery shopping please stop bringing the nuts in the house?  Is it really too much to ask?

Here's a question  ... am I the only one who goes through these daily challenges with cravings, will power and blubber?  Probably not since dieting is a multi billion dollar industry.  Oh well... another day, another 1900 calories.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no you aren't the only one with challenges! I can have that one more piece of chocolate or how about a nice big muffin, after all I did walk an extra 5-10 minutes. The extra minutes didn't help, the extra pounds still arrived. Need to stop baking, but with the fresh berries, just to tempting. Sue

    ReplyDelete