Thursday, June 24, 2010

After the storm...

Last night we had a great little storm.  It was awesome!  I was a little freaked out because I saw on the news that it was coming and that it had just dumped 6 inches of hail the size of half dollars on another little farm town.  I thought how my poor tomatoes had already been frozen and soggy and now they would finally be pelted to death.  I just went out and checked though and they were fine.  No hail for us!  It rained buckets and the lightning & thunder was pretty spectacular but all is well in the garden.  It's beautiful and sunny, everything is fresh.  Yay!  I just picked a nice little wad of cilantro so I want to make some salsa but I only have ONE tomato and... what to put it on... I'm not going to wreck my progress by inhaling a bunch of chips.  I almost went on a big binge last night.  First I shelled some peanuts and ate them then I migrated to the kitchen and grazed around in the pantry.  I opened a can of almonds and ate two... then I moved on to the bag of chips and ate one... then I decided I was being an idiot and went back to the couch.  The storm started and I ran and jumped into bed to watch it safely from there.  I curled up to Dave figuring if the lightning was going to get me he was going too :)  you know... revenge for letting the chickens into my garden!

So... this morning... 158.0000  Sweet!  Glucose 93.  Yippy skippy!  Oh!  I also checked my waistometer and saw that another inch had disappeared.  Very cool!

You know the FatSecret website I have been mentioning... well... it lets you create your own recipes and calculates the nutritional value.  I jammed this one in yesterday.  I have it all the time so I thought I would enter it... then I can just click on it to add it to my "food diary".  I'll do more later... but there is only so much time for dorking around on the computer in any given day.  Anyway... check it out... It's kind of fun.  Apparently they will review the recipe to see if it makes sense... as you can see mine is waiting approval so it may be kicked outta there.  In that case I think I can still have it in my personal cookbook but they would not publish it to the "community".  Well... I can't figure out how to escape the border at the end of the recipe so I'll just say it from here... Ciao!  :)  Have a great day!

p.s. The little ads that pop up in my blog just informed me that the Zumba DVDs that I just spent $80. bucks on - I know... I'm a sucker... are now HALF PRICE.  Man that irritates me!  But if you click on it you can be only half a sucker :)  They really are pretty fun and I think they are working... so there you go!


Recipe is awaiting approval.

Servings:
1
Prep Time:
5 mins
Cook Time:
4 mins
Meal Type:
Breakfast
Rating:

not yet rated.

fatsecret members overall average rating

Simple Fritatta

One egg with Canadian bacon, spinach and cheese

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat small skillet on med/low flame.
  2. Crack and wisk egg in a small bowl. Chop one slice of Canadian Bacon. Add to beaten egg along with a dash of salt and fresh ground pepper.
  3. Pour egg mixture into skillet and turn the flame down to low.
  4. Dice one slice of your choice reduced fat cheese and chop several spinach leaves. Sprinkle on top of egg mixture. Sprinkle with a few drops of Tabasco Chipotle hot sauce. Turn heat off and cover with a lid to melt the cheese and finish cooking the egg.
  5. Fold egg over and plate. Add a teaspoon of greek style plain yogurt if desired and garnish with fresh chives. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 82
Calories 180
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 9.13g14%
Saturated Fat 3.428g17%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.955g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.419g
Cholesterol 232mg77%
Sodium 624mg26%
Potassium 259mg
Total Carbohydrate 3.26g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3g1%
Sugars 2.09g
Protein 20.12g
Vitamin A 29%Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 17%Iron 9%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18
9%
of RDI*
(180 calories)
9% of RDI
Calorie Breakdown:
Carbohydrate (7%)
Fat (47%)
Protein (46%)
* Based on your RDI of 1900 calories (13 Jun 10)


No comments:

Post a Comment