Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who Let the Cows Out? Moooo Mooo Moo Moo

Ahhh dang.  For a second I thought I was imagining it but no!  The calf is again standing in the front yard munching away on the grass.  This is getting ridiculous!  I keep having this same "what's wrong with this picture?" event over and over.  Yesterday evening as I was mowing I rounded the corner of the house and BAM!  There she was again.  What?  The grass is greener on this side of the fence?  See... this is why Dave is going to Florida on Friday and I have to stay home.  Who will chase the rascally little cow back into the pasture if nobody is home?  If he would quit obsessing over the magpies and fix the fence so she can't scoot under...!  He keeps telling me, "in just a few weeks she will be too tall to get under".  Lame!  Oh well... I can't go to Florida anyway.  I think I would be fired if I took another vacation after the trip to Europe in April.  I have to save up a few days so I can go see my baby girl in Cali in October :)  I can't talk about the pit-stop in northern CA to see my aunt and uncle... my mama get's all out of sorts thinking about how I should be coming to TN instead :)

Wow... that had absolutely nothing to do with 159.2 (yay, new low and yes... every ounce counts!) and glucose of 92.  Slowly but surely :)  Let's see... lunch and dinner were both tasty yesterday.  For lunch I was feeling the need to have "big" food but it's sort of hard to do if I want to see the numbers on the scale decline.  I decided to go with a big bowl of steamed veg.  Yeah I know... doesn't really sound exciting but I chopped up some broccoli (out of my garden!) and some cauliflower and sprinkled with a little S & P and steamed in the micro while I hiked to the mailbox.  Then I sprayed with a bit of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray.  I also sprinkled (now this sounds really weird but it was actually good) a couple of tablespoons of a wild rice blend that I had left over in the fridge and then about a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on top.  The wild rice gave it just a hint of nutty texture and taste and the cheese made it seem... well... less like just a bowl of steamed veggies.  It did the trick.  I feel like I had a substantial meal and did not torpedo the diet for the day.  Dinner was also good.  The plan for the afternoon was to mow but I only got through the front yard before the gas ran out and learned that the gas cans were in the truck with Dave who was working overtime.  I decided to make a quick dinner to have immediately when he got home so I could jump back on the mower and finish up before dark.  I had a little of the salmon salad mixture left over in the fridge so I decided to go get some sturdy dark green lettuce leaves from the garden and make salmon salad sandwiches on those little whole wheat thin buns.  I also made a little salad of cucumber/tomato/fresh mozzarella cheese and basil with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  I know that salad has a name but I can't think of it... someone help me out with that!  You would think that would do it but I also was craving something hot so I remembered the prawns in the freezer.  They were large already butterflied with the shell on raw prawns.  I just rinsed them off and put them in a plastic bag on the counter to thaw in some Wasabi/Teriaki sauce and grilled them up on a grill pan.  Oh Baby!  They were awesome!  The whole thing together was big, tasty and healthy.  I was not sure what the thin buns would do to my blood sugar level but I've had them several times now and have not had a bad reading the next morning.  So I actually had two "bad" things yesterday - in moderation.  The rice and the bread without catastrophic results.  Nice!

Ok... I'm going to go visit Beto in Zumbaville now so have a great day... ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment