Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Successful Day

Despite a temporary setback in the morning. I  had just finished declaring that I was going to open the Zumba box and I did but then could not get the DVD to work.  You now how some people have gardeners and maids?  I'm pretty sure I need a technology manager.  It's just riduclous to have to use three remote controls to get a DVD to play!   Anyway... I had to wait for Dave to come home and get a lesson.  AFTER he went to bed I turned it on and spent an hour learning the basic dance moves.  I don't know what I'm going to do today when I actually put on the real work out.  I was sweating my tail off just learning the moves.  And let me tell you... I'm pretty sure some my body has never done some of those gyrations!  :)  I'm so glad Dave was not present.  He might have had a heart attack from laughing so hard!  This morning I am going to do the mini 20 min workout.

Writing down everything I eat is very educational!  Now I know that every time I pop the lid off the can of cashews and grab a handful which would be just about an ounce it's 160 calories.  So... I had ONE handful yesterday instead of maybe 5.  I also know how many calories I am consuming througout the day and the total at the end.  Yesterday I had 1581 calories.  And they were all quality, healthy calories too.  Oh... well not the Johnsonville Stadium Brat at 260 calories per link (I had one), but everything else was good.  The salad I had with it was so tasty.  Even Dave was saying yum yum.  Must have been the blueberries.  I know... sounds weird but so tasty.

It's easy to add foods at mealtime, especially if I have saved a meal.  An example of a saved meal would be what I call a typical salad. I add all the ingredients that I would usually put in a salad and give it a name.  When I am having that for lunch or dinner I can just select the salad and add anything else I might throw in.  I also saved my yogurt parfait that I make for breakfast most mornings too so one click and it's added.  Of course I don't drag my computer to the kitchen for lunch but I can access the app easily from my phone.  Check out FatSecret.  It's kind of fun.

I weighed in at 159.7 (every ounce counts) and glucose was 86.  As I begin to firm up the... unsightly areas :)  I realize the flab will convert to muscle which is heavier so I'll probably lose the weight at a seemingly slower rate.  I decided to start measuring my waistline.  That will be the ultimate indicator.  No I'm sure as hell not going to report it!  It's hard enough to put my weight down.  A waistline measurement would just be too humiliating.  Until it's an acceptable number.  How bout... I'll just tell you when I have a waist?  :)  Oh!  Some exciting news... I think I may actually see my collarbone in a week or so :)  My glucose level regardless of my weight definitely lets me know I am on the right track.  I did not think I would be seeing regular readings in the 80's so I'm pretty excited about that.

At work I outfoxed one of our slacker customers out of a big wad of cash he had not intended on paying any time soon so I'm pretty happy about that. I also mowed the lawn which I love.  I enjoy riding around with my headphones on and singing at the top of my lungs - and nobody can hear me over the sound of the mower.  I'm sure the funky head bobbing and dancing in my seat look a little strange but any of my neighbors would have to have binoculars to see me and if they need a laugh that bad then they are welcome to it.  Same thing goes for sunbathing nude.  Of course I would never do that since I might pass a mirror and scare myself.  Maybe next summer :)  The only thing I did not do yesterday was the cartwheel... Yessss!  I can still do one :) so now I'm off to Zumbaville!  But first... check out my little granddaughter Charlotte...just got this pic yesterday.
Grandbabies are worth being healthy for :)  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment