Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eating Out

Today I took my son Bobby and nephew Nick to a little local diner - The Clearview Cafe.  Bobby who is 19 and lifting weights was ravenous!  I chose that restaurant because I knew they had big food for little money.   Bobby chose a French dip sandwich with fries.  Nick chose a country fried steak with hash browns and gravy breakfast and I chose a bowl of chili with a side salad.  I asked them to not bring the bread or croûton to the table.  Easier to resist temptation if it's not in my face.  What I failed to do though was ask for the dressing on the side!  It was a honey mustard dressing and quite good but about 3 times more that I would have put on.  Lesson learned1  Bobby inhaled his food and was getting ready to drink all the little half and half packets so I felt sorry for him and gave him at least half of my chill.  Nick finally slowed down and put his fork down and Bobby swooped in to finish his hash-browns and gravy and even finished up the last of my salad.  He ended up with all of the plates in front of him.  By the time he left he was full but I thought for sure he was getting ready to order dessert.  Sometimes I long for the days when I could eat like that and still be a skinny Minnie.

This morning the stats were 162.9 lbs and glucose 108.  I can't thing of a thing I ate yesterday that would have caused a little spike like that.  I'll just have to keep at it.  Time for bed!  My eyes are rolling!

Ciao!

p.s.

This morning my glucose was 118.  Yikes!  That honey mustard must have bee LOADED with... well - honey :)  A little if ok but since I forgot to ask for it on the side I got a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment