Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Some Days Are Just Too Gross!

Today feels like one of those.  I almost didn't write anything.  There is no good news to report... then I remembered this really is about the challenge of learning to live with/control diabetes and not every day is a happy little success story.  I blame it on the rain!  :)  And too many nuts.  So today 165 lbs and 106 glucose.  Not too bad but seems like I'm a little stalled out.

After my glorious taco salad yesterday I decided to experiment big time.  I had some awesome spaghetti sauce in the fridge.  I wanted to pour it over the left over noodles but knew that would not be a great plan so I thought I might substitute some stir fried very firm tofu.  I actually like tofu and it might have worked out ok if not for the last minute addition of the shelled edamame.  It was so bad!  Dave would not even have eaten it!  I just gave it to the dogs and didn't even expect them to eat it (but they did - amazing).  So don't make that!  Well... that's about all there is to say about that.  MASSIVE FAILURE!  :)  Seriously gross!  What the heck was I thinking?

There is a silver lining to every cloud it seems and this morning I am amused by watching the cows in the pasture.   The baby girls are chasing each other back and forth.  We have a newly purchased little red angus yearling bull and he is following our very large red angus cow Ginger very closely.  She must be in heat... he's trying... but no cigar!  Maybe next year buddy!  :)  All right!  Moving along now... I'm yearning for some comfort food.  Big sigh!

Here's to a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment