Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Morning After

This morning the numbers are 164.9 lbs and glucose 107.  The long weekend is over (boo hoo), my children have gone home and I am left with a fridge full of leftovers.  I won't have to cook for the rest of the week.  I'll just have to reinvent.  My numbers are up just a tad.  Bummer!  But with my family gone I can focus on my health needs.  And I didn't derail too bad overall.  I was feeling a little sorry for myself and craving chocolate something fierce so I bought some of those sugar free chocolate candies.  They are great if I limit myself to ONE but they are high in calories and last night I gobbled a bunch of them :(  (Pause to administer self flogging).

The plan for today will be a taco salad for lunch... gotta use up that taco meat in the fridge.  Finish up the Wasabi-Ginger Salmon with a salad for dinner and while I work, keep an eye on the hen house out my office window.  The magpies are flying in and breaking the eggs as quickly as the hens are laying.

Here's to a short working week :)  Ciao!

p.s.   Taco Salad was a great plan for lunch.  Next time I whine about not being able to eat all kinds of good food somebody please tell me to JUST SHUT UP!  It's not true!  I just had the best taco salad ever!  What made it so good?  Other than the fact that I was beginning to starve (bad idea!) it may have been the home grown beef.  Very lean and tasty.  Whole beans, beautiful baby spring greens.  I mixed a little sour creme and plain Greek style yogurt together for the dressing and sprinkled some cheddar on top.  And just to make sure it tasted like taco salad I took two... count em... two tortilla chips and crumbled them over the top.  I know I shouldn't chow down on a bunch of chips but I'm pretty sure I can get away with two :)  I think the kicker though was the fresh chives out of my garden.  Really gave it a nice fresh touch with just a tiny oniony bite.  Chives are not just for show.  And who can resist the pretty little purple chive flowers?  I know... all kinds of corny!  But now I'm ready to get back to work and collect some money!  So any Valley Supply customers who may be reading this (Riiiight!) Get out your checkbooks and show me the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment